This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Quick starter question

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Drfting1
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 24151
Tractors Owned: 53 Cub
59 cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Quick starter question

Postby Drfting1 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:09 pm

Just got back this morning from Virginia, had a little time this afternoon to play with the new cub, re-wired it for 12volt,. when I first got her, I posted that it was missing the band around the starter which now has a new on it, so went to try to start her, it turns motor over fine but sounds like starter sounds like it has broken marbles in it. is it safe to assume that the starter has issues from exposure to the elements? Cub started quickly, ran good for about 5 sec and died... Carb flooded out and started leaking out from the bottom.. but that's the new China carb I guess I'll have to play with.. I'm just curious with starter.... Thanks Bill
Bill Longeill

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Re: Quick starter question

Postby Bob McCarty » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:25 pm

The float in your Chinese carb probably needs to be adjusted.
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39154
Tractors Owned: 1969 Farmall Cub
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Postby tmays » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:43 pm

I’d take starter apart and check things out. Do it before trying it again.
Thomas

Drfting1
5+ Years
5+ Years
59 cub

Postby Drfting1 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:45 am

Played with float once yesterday, still would leak from bottom as soon as it started to turn over.. I'll take it off again and go through it. The starter I won't try again... I'll take the advice and take it off... Went ahead and ordered a new one.
I'll still try and check old one out. Maybe I can try to rebuild it.... Then I can have a spare.
Bill Longeill

Drfting1
5+ Years
5+ Years
59 cub

Postby Drfting1 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:38 am

As soon as I can get these small things done, I can go ahead and start getting the flail mower and York back into shape... Ordered a new trailer to haul the Cubs (and mustang) around... Should have it in a couple weeks, not nearly as nice as Barnyard's... Doesn't have all those special options like the cub tracker and auto load option while still moving down the road...(although it is being built in Ohio) But will be good enough to move one of my Cubs along with implements at a time and has 4 wheel breaks.
Learned something researching trailers, didn't know that is an option on some dual wheeled trailers in some states (seen it in NC). they sell a trailer that has only one axle with brakes and you would have to pay more to have other axle done and then to find out that other states, those trailers are not allowed... Both axles would be required to have brakes on them. can imagine driving through another state... Get into some kind of accident... To find out that trailer is not allowed in that state...
Bill Longeill