This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Brake band anchor pin

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Command52
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 19954

Brake band anchor pin

Postby Command52 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:07 pm

Are these 2 pins available . When i took the brakes apart the pins where half way out. . The pins feel loose so i would like to replace them so they will stay put'. I think the part number is 358755r1 Also this picture is not mine. I found it hrer on the forum not sure the owner but thank you. Thank You Billy
Attachments
Cub brake.jpg

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Brake band anchor pin

Postby Bob McCarty » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:39 pm

Messick's shows them for $29, but not in stock. I think you need to check the holes in the finals and make sure they aren't wallered out. At a Cubfest, we enlarged one for a bushing. You might check with JP's for the pin if you determine that's what's needed.
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower

Postby Glen » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:40 pm

Hi,
That looks like a TM Tractor pic.

If Case IH does not sell the pins, you could buy some material the right size and make some.
If the holes in the linkage are worn, so the pins slide out of place, you maybe could rivet the ends some, so they can't move out of place. So the pins would have to be a little longer than original to stick out enough to rivet.
Don't rivet too much, and make it tight in the wrong place, the band has to move on the pins, I think. :)

Bob, I think he is talking about the 2 small pins that hold the ends of the brake band on, not the larger pin that fits into the hole in the final drive.

Below is a page from the Cub parts manual, they are number 20 in the pic, for the newer style of brake.
22 is the bigger pin, the pic of it is not the same as it looks, it looks more like number 6, but 6 is not the same part number.

http://www.farmallcub.info/manuals/cub_ ... 004-02.jpg

http://www.farmallcub.info/manuals/cub_ ... 004-03.jpg

Command52
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 19954

Postby Command52 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:04 pm

That is correct , It is the pins that hold the ends of the brake shoes on, 2 for each brake

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:53 pm

Glen wrote:Hi,
Bob, I think he is talking about the 2 small pins that hold the ends of the brake band on, not the larger pin that fits into the hole in the final drive.

I was going by the part #. I did measure two pins and they are .25". If the pins are worn narrower, it would be easy to cut some rod to make new ones, or stake/peen the old ones in place.
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Return to “Farmall Cub”