This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Tractor Supply not carrying parts in store?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rabbit Holler Flash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Tractor Supply not carrying parts in store?

Postby Rabbit Holler Flash » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:45 pm

My son calls Rural King "Cowboy Walmart "

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

T-Mo
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 63628
Tractors Owned: '40 H
'44 B
'47 Cub
'49 C
54A Blade
42 Woods Mower
Henderson Loader
Cultivators
No. 8 Little Genius 2-12 Plow
IH Running Gear

Postby T-Mo » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:02 am

Barnyard wrote:If you guys ever get a Rural King you'll wonder why Tractor Supply is even in business.

Since Rural King opened up a store in Farmington, Missouri, which is about 20 miles or less from my house, I hardly go to Tractor Supply anymore. Rural King carries a lot more tractor stuff than Tractor Supply.

jsfarmall
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 72454
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub "Trusty"
1948 Cub "Rusty"
1948 Cub "Bob"
1948 Cub "Sallie" (wife's tractor)
1965 IH Cub "Annie"
1943 Farmall H
1953 Farmall Super M (granddad's tractor)

Postby jsfarmall » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:50 am

Barnyard wrote:If you guys ever get a Rural King you'll wonder why Tractor Supply is even in business.

I have been told.this by a friend of.mine up north.
I love tractor supply and orsheln but I noticed their stock and variety has been down past year or so.
1948 Cub "Trusty"
1948 Cub "Rusty" mower tractor, trimmed ear dash
1948 Cub "Bob"
1948 Cub "Sallie"
1965 IH Cub "Annie" mower tractor,
1943 Farmall H,
1953 Farmall Super M

AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:42 am

I agree. There is one in North Alabama and it is awesome. As big as a Wal-Mart with way more tractor parts and hardware store type stuff. They even sell their own line of tractors (probably just rebadged with their name) out front! Probably not worth taking home, but they have them! I remember that they had 6 volt batteries at half the price of any I've ever found here. Like around $45 or so.
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

JoeB
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby JoeB » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:08 am

AL Farmall Boy wrote:

I agree. There is one in North Alabama and it is awesome. As big as a Wal-Mart with way more tractor parts and hardware store type stuff. They even sell their own line of tractors (probably just rebadged with their name) out front! Probably not worth taking home, but they have them! I remember that they had 6 volt batteries at half the price of any I've ever found here. Like around $45 or so.

The building it is in actually used to be a K-Mart ( Muscle Shoals, AL ), the RK tractors are rebadged TYM Tractors. There is a Tractor Supply around a mile or less down the road. I bought a pew-pew from the website and had it sent to the store a few weeks ago, and the employee told me they are opening another in Huntsville in the old Gander Mountain Building. That building was a Sam's Club 15+ years ago, and is around 150,000 sqft. The Muscle Shoals RK carries plow bolts. Their prices on batteries is better than anyone around, even golf cart batteries.

These farm stores showed up so late in the South, we don't really know what we are missing out on. With Tractor Supply Co., I can say that I have noticed a steady decline in what little they did carry, to what is on the shelf now. I buy a few nuts and bolts, and a salt block every for out cow, and that's about it. I did buy every FRAM filter from every store within a 100 mile radius when they dropped below $1 per filter. My local store 2 miles away never dropped price on theirs.

AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:41 am

I have to ask......what is a pew-pew? You are saying they are opening a new RK or a Tractor Supply in Huntsville?
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

JoeB
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby JoeB » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:22 am

AL Farmall Boy wrote:I have to ask......what is a pew-pew? You are saying they are opening a new RK or a Tractor Supply in Huntsville?

Pew-pew, pea shooter, long rifle. They had a sale, a month or so back, but the local store only received 2. The new store in Huntsville will be a huge Rural King, but that is according to the employees, a manager backed up the info though.

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:37 am

I can see it. That stuff rarely moves, and you can't tie up all that shelf space with stuff that doesn't move "just in case" one guy comes along once a year and needs something from that selection. It's business. Margins are so tiny now you've got to continuously be emptying and restocking the shelves through sales just to keep the lights on these days.

The Internet caused this, not the other way around. Because you can get the same parts online for about 1/2 the price delivered to your door, people stopped buying them at TSC and local dealers. If they were selling, TSC would keep stocking.

...and if'n you're going to complain about Tractor Supply's name, I'm going to complain about Rural King's name. They don't sell Kings, and they aren't located in truly Rural areas!

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:07 am

Matt Kirsch wrote:...and if'n you're going to complain about Tractor Supply's name, I'm going to complain about Rural King's name. They don't sell Kings, and they aren't located in truly Rural areas!

But they are the King to those of us in the Rural areas. Tractor Supply has simply quit supplying tractor supplies, even in rural areas like mine.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:31 pm

I see dejavu in local stores in competition with online retailers, a hundred years ago it was mail order retailers Sears, JCPenney, and Montgomery Ward. Wonder what the landscape would be like if those three had weathered the last twenty years better and caught the digital wave. They had the infrastructure, distribution, and mailing like Amazon does a hundred years before Amazon.

lyle11
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 44236
Tractors Owned: 48 FCub
55 Lowboy
60 Lowboy
Allis Chalmers B

Postby lyle11 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:19 am

I used them more for dog supplies than anything else but found the same problem. They would frequently be out of what I wanted. I asked when they would have it in stock and it would be something like - the truck comes on Wednesday - and when I came back on Thursday they were still out. They opened a Menards the same distance away from me where I can get the same dog treats and I haven’t been back since. I don’t know how they chose the name Tractor Supply.

CharlieK
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40165

Postby CharlieK » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:10 am

lyle11 wrote:I used them more for dog supplies than anything else but found the same problem. They would frequently be out of what I wanted. I asked when they would have it in stock and it would be something like - the truck comes on Wednesday - and when I came back on Thursday they were still out. They opened a Menards the same distance away from me where I can get the same dog treats and I haven’t been back since. I don’t know how they chose the name Tractor Supply.

Try to find "4 health" dog food at Wallyworld or Meijers or even the big name canine stores---Tractor supply has it but hardly any cub stuff anymore...

:tractor:
get er done; life is good

1954Frank
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 37771
Tractors Owned: 1942 Allis-Chalmers "C" owned 1989-1994.
No tractors now.
Also owned a 1955-1st Series Chevrolet Pickup,
then a 1950 Chevrolet Pickup,
then another 1950 Chevrolet Pickup.

Postby 1954Frank » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:37 pm

Lots of Rural King stores here in Illinois. I live about 20 miles from their corporate HQ and original store in Mattoon, IL. They do have lots of merchandise including clothes, boots, gloves, anything Carhart, tools, plumbing/ building supplies, feed, seed, farm/ lawn/ garden supplies, mowers and parts, Agri-Fab products, guns and ammo, etc. But I don't know about tractor parts as I haven't shopped for that. I have seen tractor mufflers, hitch pins, small stuff like that. Oh, they do sell a line of private-branded tractors and attachments. I think they are Mahindra. Not all stores carry them. Probably stuff I forget, too.

Mrblanche
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 75104

Postby Mrblanche » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:29 pm

Or possibly an Atwoods.

baldwindiesel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44820

Postby baldwindiesel » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:18 pm

Rural King is my too go place here in Central, Ohio
Baldwindiesel

Return to “Farmall Cub”