You really never know

Slim140

501 Club
Wife found a bed and matching chest of drawers for our daughter online for sale from a lady we know. We went to look at it and wound up buying the bed, a truck, 3 chainsaws, 2 row corn planter, 1 point spreader and a Minnie Mouse car for our daughter. Oh and the lady threw in about 100 feed sacks for corn, some are new. Her husband passed away almost 3 years ago, I knew him well. Used to help him in tobacco when I was kid and did a lot of welding for him over the years. The truck has been sitting since he passed, it's a 1993 and has 131K on it and is 4WD, automatic. I will be driving it to work and back to keep the miles off my Duramax. The saws, already have 2 of them running this morning and have to get a gas cap for the third. The corn planter needs work on the fertilize but is in otherwise good shape, apparently he left fertilize in it before he passed and it's locked up. The seeder has been converted to 1 point hitch and that's the only reason I bought it, I am working on a 1 point attachment for the Cub and been looking for the fast hitch part. The seeder is in pretty bad shape and locked up as well. This guy was 57 years old and passed away from cancer, smoked as long as I knew him and was as close to Jesus as any man I have ever known. His brother didn't smoke and was even closer to Jesus than his brother and passed away less than a year later from cancer, he was probably within a year or two of 57 as well. I never in my life heard either of them speak badly about anyone else...ever. I made his wife an offer on the truck and she said I think he would be happy for you to own it, made me tear up. Hug your loved ones and tell them you love them. Last time I seen this man was in a hospital bed on a ventilator with his wife and son standing by his side and he passed away the next day. That was almost 3 years ago.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9448.JPG
    IMG_9448.JPG
    146.6 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_9444.JPG
    IMG_9444.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_9443.JPG
    IMG_9443.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_9442.JPG
    IMG_9442.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_9441.JPG
    IMG_9441.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_9438.JPG
    IMG_9438.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 393
Saws, 2 Stihls and a Sachs Dolmar.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9452.JPG
    IMG_9452.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 392
  • IMG_9451.JPG
    IMG_9451.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 392
  • IMG_9450.JPG
    IMG_9450.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 392
  • IMG_9449.JPG
    IMG_9449.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 392
Back
Top