what a mess

we have had several days of temperatures in the mid to low 20s and below, followed by a high of 43 and rainy yesterday, rain last night and up to 68 today. when I went down to the shed it looked like there had been a monsoon in there. All the tools in the tool box were wet, there was water on the sides of the cubs, and in puddles under them. The H even had trails of water across the floor from all the condensation. I see this problem a couple times a year, but this is the worst I have ever seen it.
wet%20cub.jpg

H%20water%20trails.jpg
 
Hi John are you living in Donegal :lol: Same conditions here I hear the wind and rain howling outside :evil:
Bernard,
Donegal Cub :D
 
We get that sort of thing here in northern Wisconsin in the summer, but until this year I don't think I ever saw it in the winter. It wasn't near as bad as John is talking about, but it happened some time in the last couple of weeks. I hadn't been out in the garage for awhile until a couple days ago. I went to get some tools out of the tool box and most of the drawers were froze shut.

That's about the only place that I've noticed so far that had any signs of condensation. This spring though, I imagine I'll find some rust popping up here and there.
 
Got the same mess. 76 degrees on the bank thermometer and 78% humidity. Everything inside the shop and storage building was soaking wet. Even have water drops suspended on the ceiling.

Opened the shop doors for a couple hours trying to dry things out. Only worked some what on sheet metal and lighter material. Probably made things worse on large castings which were probably still in 30 or 40 degree temperature range.
 
john, we had the same conditions not too long ago, they were covered in moisture and all 4 of the cubs would not start , had to drain the carbs a bit and they all finally started . coppersmythe.............ps: they were under a roof , but three sides open .
 
Building has Solar wrap insulation, so no water from roof, and was closed up, but there is a small gap around roof and doors. I opened the doors about noon to let the air blow through, and it just got wetter.
 
I get condensation like that in my metal barn, usually in the spring. It's warmed up a bunch, here, the past couple days. I guess I should check it out today.
 
John *.?-!.* cub owner":qyp7c6wc said:
Building has Solar wrap insulation, so no water from roof, and was closed up, but there is a small gap around roof and doors. I opened the doors about noon to let the air blow through, and it just got wetter.
Yep, I get that too. Open the doors and let even more warmer humid air in and it'll get worse. Takes a long time for all the contents and concrete to warm up to match the air temperature.
 
Back
Top