Tranny Flush Question

Stanton

501 Club
This applies to my H, but could be relevant to any Cub.

We often read/hear to drain out the old tranny case then flush with kerosene. Would old gasoline be a suitable substitute for kerosene? Other than the service manual's direction, is there any reason not to use old gas?

Reason for question: I have plenty of old gas on hand and very little kerosene left.

Thanks.
 
I think that safety would be my biggest concern. I also think that gasoline would be much more harmful to oil seals. I know kerosene has gotten pretty expensive, maybe diesel fuel would be a bit less expensive.
 
Thats a lot of fluid to change also....I did mine years ago...I stays inside for the most part...The old fluid looked pretty good also..Can't remember how much....15 gallons??? I know it was a lot...bought a 30 gallon drum of gear oil...Kevin :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
 
Back
Top