Yesterday I took the H down to the shop about two miles away. It had not been started since I put it up for the winter about three weeks ago. I put the one and a half year old battery on the charger just in case. Wouldn't even turn over. Put on a second 6v battery and still nothing. I cleaned every contact point from the battery to the starter. Still nothing. Pulled the starter and it ran fine on the ground. Same result with other batteries and starters. So I'm thinking engine problem. Checked the oil OK. On the second pull on the crank it started right up and purred like a kitten. Down the road and I notice the ammeter is not moving. Maybe it's time to convert to 12v. The tractor would not pull in 5th gear even on a slight decline. At the shop all the high temp paint had burned off the stack. Time to check the timing. A drop of oil on the bottom of the carb and some small streaks of oil below the air filter. Maybe it's time for a valve job. I had been wondering what I would do this winter. Hey, this old gal is only 67 years old. Maybe getting tired like me. I still love old tractors.