tire size

DanR

501 Club
I understand that a Farmall H usually had 38" tires. Some have 36". Why were the 36" used and what was the original wheel color?
 
As to the why, I can't help, but the rim color was same as cubs, originally a dull galvanizing, the current bright aluminum (fake chrome) that most of us use on cubs is about as close as can be found.
 
The earliest Farmall Hs came with 36" wheels. After a short while, the standard wheels were 38". The HV continued to use 36" wheels. I don't know why they didn't change the HV along with the H.
 
I've haven't seen any Farmall H s here in Australia with 36" tyres most here were either 38" tyres or the smaller 28" tyres
 
The 43 H I have has 36" tires. The rim is one piece and has 7 single spokes and 7 doubles. Could this have been a conversion from steel tread?
 
DanR":3b3y32am said:
The 43 H I have has 36" tires. The rim is one piece and has 7 single spokes and 7 doubles. Could this have been a conversion from steel tread?
I'm not getting a mental picture of your rim configuration. It is almost certainly a conversion from steel. In 1943, a farmer would have been lucky to get a tractor of any configuration and rubber tires were out of the question. A '43 H would have probably had a steel serial number plate and steel fins in the radiator.
 
Back
Top