Simpson 260

Bezirk

501 Club
While browsing at a pawn shop I found a very nice Simpson 260 -8 with case and test leads and alligator clips adaptors . I have been looking for quite a while for one of these, they are great for antique tractor electrical circuits. Many of you probably aren't familiar with this unit but I know some such as John from MO, Cecil and Big Dog will know what I am referring to.

Berlin
 
Good old meters so long as they haven't been abused to bad and batteries aren't leaking. First thing to do is replace the batteries. If they have leaked and corroded the contacts, CLR or Lime Away is good to clean up the battery contacts.
 
The first thing I checked was the battery terminals, they are totally clean. It has new batteries in it .
I use household amonnia full strength to clean battery terminals it works great . I prefer an analog meter for a lot of measurements except precise voltage tests , then I get out the digital meter . I also have a RCA WV 98 C VTVM that works great for leakage test on condensers ( capacitors).

Berlin
 
Back
Top