Our Barn in PA

LeeC

Well-known member
Someone asked me for pictures of our barn in Pennslyvania, so I took a few pictures last time I was there. It was raised in 1932 and the frame is Chestnut, or so I have been told. It is not in the best of shape as the corner posts and sill plates are rotted. To make matters worse, it is sliding down the hill! We did pour concrete pillers under the internal support posts to help the old building out. There was a square silo in the middle of the down hill side, but we had to take that down several years ago. Before anyone says "why not fix it", the property belongs to my aging parents. I have three brothers and a sister and trying to agree on anything that costs money is not easy. I love the barn and hopefully we will pool the necessary funds to put in a proper floor and fix the structure. If you go all the way to the bottom of this post, it might hurt your eyes. There is a foreigner in our barn! :lol:

DSC05762-20.jpg

DSC05760-20.jpg

DSC05759-20.jpg

DSC05761-20.jpg

DSC05758-20.jpg

DSC05754-20.jpg

DSC05746-20.jpg

DSC05749-20.jpg

DSC05751-20.jpg

DSC05753-20.jpg
 
Hey Lee...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for taking the photos of your PA Bank Barn :D Your Lo-Boy fits very well in the lower level (so does the John Deere B ). I hope you'll all get together and agree that the barn is certainly worth saving...even if y'all get together on the main level for a sit down to talk about all your families memories ! ENJOY Lee & THANKS AGAIN :wink: ...'Country'
 
Lee, thanks for the pix. I like the old barns and agree with 'Country' about fixin' it up. I have put working on my old barn on the back burner but I hope to get back to it soon.

By the way, I can't resist a good pic of a Cub. Here is a little something to pass some time. http://savethecub.com/cubpuzzles/cubinbarnpuz.htm
Rick Prentice will enjoy this with his morning coffee.
 
Bill Hudson":x669octg said:
Barnyard":x669octg said:
By the way, I can't resist a good pic of a Cub. Here is a little something to pass some time. http://savethecub.com/cubpuzzles/cubinbarnpuz.htm
Rick Prentice will enjoy this with his morning coffee.

Bill,

I enjoyed it with an evening cup of coffee. Does that count?

Bill
As long as you enjoyed it, it counts. I've enjoyed it several time this evening so far.
 
Old Barns are one of my favorite things, I hope you are able to save it because they are disappearing, and they just don't make them like they used to.
 
Joe Malinowski":8asztke5 said:
Old Barns are one of my favorite things, I hope you are able to save it because they are disappearing, and they just don't make them like they used to.

Joe likes old chicken coops, too!

Nice pictures. I'll forgive you, for the last picture, since its not your barn. Ed
 
Lee - the barn is fantastic! You will not regret saving it! As far as the stranger in the barn - have you considered one of those Pennsylvania Dutch hex signs to ward off the evil spirits? :lol: :lol:
Seriously though, I never met an antique tractor I didn't like. So even the green ones are welcome as far as I am concerned.
 
A stray always shows up on a farm every now and then. I think it's very thoughtful of you to have a yellow Cub there to make the stray feel a little less self conscious about his green and yellow coat. :)
 
Bigdog":1lwhln81 said:
As far as the stranger in the barn - have you considered one of those Pennsylvania Dutch hex signs to ward off the evil spirits? :lol: :lol:

Now that's funny!
 
Back
Top