New Trailer

T-Mo

501 Club
Since I bought my '44 B, I have been wanting a big enough trailer to haul it wherever and whenever I wanted or needed to. When I bought it, I had to borrow a trailer and John Puckett was kind enough, not only to et me use his friend's trailer, but he went with me (using his mighty Ford Ranger) also.

But, I wanted a more permanent solution and as the saying goes, you can never have a big enough trailer (or garage). So in mid-February me and my wife took a trip down to Sikeston, Missouri to talked to the kind people at Trailer Express and get a first hand look at the quality of trailers they build. While there I went ahead and ordered a 82 inch wide 18 foot trailer with a few add ons or substitutions. Yesterday we went back down to Sikeston to pick it up. We dropped off both trips to the outlet mall there in Sikeston (we both like the Wrangler/Lee store), and while we were there I snapped a few pictures of the trailer. One of the things I wanted was a color other than black, so since it was to haul the B or a Cub or two, red was the obvious choice.

I know you can load up a narrow front with just two ramps, but I don't believe I'm that good, so it just made sense to have 3 ramps....
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1826 copy.jpg
    IMG_1826 copy.jpg
    763.4 KB · Views: 1,396
  • IMG_1825 copy.jpg
    IMG_1825 copy.jpg
    755.2 KB · Views: 1,396
  • IMG_1824 copy.JPG
    IMG_1824 copy.JPG
    757 KB · Views: 1,396
Very nice. I wish I'd bought a longer trailer than my 16" and this one certainly looks stout.

Ron
 
Cub-Bud":2ipl8n2r said:
I trip anywhere near Sikeston means I get to make a stop at Lambert's :!: :{_}:

You know, I never ate at Lamberts. I heard a lot of things about it, but I just never had the umption to stop there. From what I heard it's usually very crowded, and I heard people having to wait a very long time to get a table - so, I never even consider it. Maybe one day.....
 
Well done. You can't go wrong with the 3rd ramp; safety first.

Cub-Bud":1rmvpixw said:
I trip anywhere near Sikeston means I get to make a stop at Lambert's :!: :{_}:

Last time we were in Lambert's (Sikeston), we met a nice family from Mississippi who came up to celebrate their grandmother's birthday. Very nice family.

It's hard to pass up them throw'd rolls! :wink:
 
I cast my vote for Lamberts as well. We saw it on the Food channel and had to stop for one of the "throwed rolls". Crowded but well worth the wait.

Ron
 
Other than color, that trailer is very similar to the one we used to go get the B. What holds the 3rd ramp vertical on it?

The best time to go to Lamberts is in the off season. The last time I was there, I do not think there was more than 3 or 4 tables occupied other than ours.
 
John *.?-!.* cub owner":2lmbolct said:
Other than color, that trailer is very similar to the one we used to go get the B. What holds the 3rd ramp vertical on it?

The best time to go to Lamberts is in the off season. The last time I was there, I do not think there was more than 3 or 4 tables occupied other than ours.

Barnyard it correct, there are two vertical pins, one of each side of the ramp, that holds it in place. Also there is a long horizontal bar that goes through each ramp near the top.
 
The time to go to Lambert's is during the week. I was just in Sikeston last week for work but didn't get to that end of town.
 
Back
Top