New Toys for the Bash

Barnyard

Moderator
Staff member
For several years Bill Darr has told me I needed a set of torches.

For several years Gary Dotson has said I needed a auto darkening welding hood.

For eternity Jeff Silvey has been saying I can't weld. I never listen to Jeff, but he is right on this one. :lol:

So, this weekend I did a little shopping so we have a few new things around for the Bash.

torchnstuff.JPG


I threw the saw in because I have been telling myself I needed one for a long time. Now all I need is a bigger shop to put it in.
 
Barnyard":neidpb7n said:
For several years Bill Darr has told me I needed a set of torches.

For several years Gary Dotson has said I needed a auto darkening welding hood.

For eternity Jeff Silvey has been saying I can't weld. I never listen to Jeff, but he is right on this one. :lol:

So, this weekend I did a little shopping so we have a few new things around for the Bash.

torchnstuff.JPG


I threw the saw in because I have been telling myself I needed one for a long time. Now all I need is a bigger shop to put it in.
So, I don't see any welding lessons in that picture. Surely, you aren't going to take lessons from Jeff! :shock:
 
Scrivet":1ddtgm9t said:
I notice the dogs are keeping their distance.
Actually they are making everybody else keep their distance. One is out of the pic on the left and the other is far off on the right? The one in the center is barking commands. :lol:
 
Nice to see you got a cutting torch, you will wonder how you got along without it. I have check valves between tanks and
regulators, always had them at work to prevent flash back.
Bill
 
Nice set up. What's in the smaller tank? I can see oxygen written on it but I thought all green tanks were oxygen. At least around here they are. I really like the cut off saw too. I've on my second one but not a quality brand like yours. Enjoy
 
Indiana Oxygen is a welding supply outfit. (that's their label) I'll gamble that the small black one is acetylene. The green one is oxygen.
 
Barnyard":ku21q2hi said:
Scrivet":ku21q2hi said:
I notice the dogs are keeping their distance.
Actually they are making everybody else keep their distance. One is out of the pic on the left and the other is far off on the right? The one in the center is barking commands. :lol:
Wow :shock: ! They're even smarter than I thought! ....... Are you training the pup to dial 911 from his crate?
 
IMG_1521.JPG
Denny Clayton":2bmhzfwc said:
Barnyard":2bmhzfwc said:
For several years Bill Darr has told me I needed a set of torches.

For several years Gary Dotson has said I needed a auto darkening welding hood.

For eternity Jeff Silvey has been saying I can't weld. I never listen to Jeff, but he is right on this one. :lol:

So, this weekend I did a little shopping so we have a few new things around for the Bash.

torchnstuff.JPG


I threw the saw in because I have been telling myself I needed one for a long time. Now all I need is a bigger shop to put it in.
So, I don't see any welding lessons in that picture. Surely, you aren't going to take lessons from Jeff! :shock:

Well I need to teach him some pointers.
 
Grumpy, the smaller tank is acetylene, what you see is the Indiana Oxygen logo as Stan stated.

Scrivet, The pup is the dog in the center calling the shots. He has really matured these last few months. He is almost nine months old and acts like the seasoned dogs he hangs with. I took his cell phone away from him. He won't dial 911, Like all kids, all he seems to do is text all his friends. He only goes in his crate at night. For now we leave him out in the morning and he stays out until about 10:00 PM. We won't leave him out after that since he likes to roam the entire yard and if he gets to far to the back by himself he may encounter the coyotes before the others can come to the rescue. By fall he should be staying out all night with the others.
 
Looks good Bill, like....
Bill":2kaxzye3 said:
Nice to see you got a cutting torch, you will wonder how you got along without it.
Same can be said for many tools (toys) the average guy doesn't have. Welders, torches, metal band saw, plasma cutter....

Denny Clayton":2kaxzye3 said:
So, I don't see any welding lessons in that picture.
As far as becoming a decent welder, do some reading, research, and practice, practice, practice. It really is an art, I probably burned 50 lbs of rod and wire before I became somewhat accomplished at it.
 
I don't know how you got along so long without a torch setup. II like the cutoff saw. --- Someday I will get the Bash.
 
Back
Top