My over inflated ego PICTURES ADDED

v w

501 Club
The local museum's current short term display features local crafters. I was flattered when they asked me to fill a case.
asparagus_and_wood_002_%28Small%29.jpg

Galesburg is a three stoplight town so I don't think I'm world famous yet but my hat size is a lot bigger. Jeanne and I go to craft shows. She does needlework. Vern
Edited to show view from other end.
asparagus_and_wood_001_%28Small%29.jpg
 
Very nice Vern, like Mr. E the scroll work is what first caught my eye.
I have my GG Grandmothers organ here in the living room and it amazes me how all that was done buy hand with no power tools back then. I'm sure your families very proud of you. :{_}:
 
Vern:

The scroll work is awesome and the turnings are pretty cool as well. I like the choo-choo bookends :D All very nicely done :applause:
 
Thank you everybody for your kind words. I do appreciate them. Joe, yes I can post some close ups but it will be a while. The museum exibit runs until May and I do not have back ups on the most of those. We are packed for a show this sat and next sat and probably will not unload in between. I will use these unless there is a piece in the case you are interested in. Yogie. The old timers were amazing at all woodworking. I would count them as true craftsmen more than one who can run machinery. They did have power scrolling of a sort with foot treaddle saws geared like an old sewing machine so the blade speed was pretty fast. Again thanks. Vern
 
woodcraft_004_%28Small%29.jpg
woodcraft_002_%28Small%29.jpg
woodcraft_001_%28Small%29.jpg
woodcraft_005_%28Small%29.jpg

Top photo is waste basket. Plastic grocery bag fits with handles over the ears.

The second photo is a wall shelf. The blue background is there to protect the ship for handling. It screws off before mounting on wall

Third photo is a mirror set. While not used much anymore reenacters like them to have their house of the correct time period. I like pictues of me and the ceiling.

Fourth photo is a hummingbird shelf.

Complete descriptions and more photos are in the photohost. Vern709 user ID
 
Yogie":2qgu6mby said:
Very nice Vern, like Mr. E the scroll work is what first caught my eye.
I have my GG Grandmothers organ here in the living room and it amazes me how all that was done buy hand with no power tools back then. I'm sure your families very proud of you. :{_}:

My level of woodworking expertise is making popsicle stick birdhouses. My question is for Yogi:
What type of organ? Pump organ? If so what manufacturer?
 
Vern:

You have much to be proud of. That scroll work is awesome. The designs are really interesting as well. I like the wastebasket with the scroll work and the inlaid (?) background, makes for a very striking piece. Craftsmanship of a high order.

I have a couple scroll saws which I have had for a long time, just don't do a lot of fretwork..... and even though I am a cabinet maker, I can't do what you do. Beautiful work... really beautiful.

High end work from my point of view. :big smile:
 
Rudi, Thanks. The wastebasket is not an inlay. The face is 1/4 inch oak which was cut then glued to a 1/4 inch walnut. The rest is 1/2 inch ash. Vern
 
Back
Top