Medial Branch Nerve Block

Eugene

501 Club
Knee, hip, lumbar pain has sometimes been so bad that I could hardly walk to the bathroom. The pain MD had been asking me to consider radiofrequency ablation for about 2 years. Finally consented.

First part is a test, medial branch nerve block. Had one yesterday. Immediate results, almost 100% pain free. First day results about 80% pain reduction.

Think there is one more nerve block test before the radiofrequency ablation procedure.
 
Had the second nerve block test and the radiofrequency ablation conducted 2 weeks ago. Still have some minor pain in the right leg and hip, about 90% plus improvement in the pain level.

Should be good for 6 months or so until the nerves grow back.

Found out that I have been walking like I had a peg leg for years. Leg and hip are still stiff. Will take a while before I can walk as though I'm not limping.

Over all, I'm pleased with the results.
 
Bill V in Md":3onq5y5w said:
Nothing better than saying goodbye to chronic pain. Any idea how often you will go back for a tune up?
6 months is average time. I hope that's so. Been getting chortisone shots in hip and knee for years. They didn't last 6 months, perhaps 3 months. Insurance would only pay if the shots were spaced just over 6 months apart.

Different topic. Blood tests Monday. Annual physical today. Blood tests all with in normal range. No pyhysical problems the nurse practitioner noted. Pre-exam was given a list of questions; age, gender, alcohol, smokes, illegal drugs, occupation, been arrested. Occupation I listed as unpaid laborer.
 
Back
Top