Incoming Weather

outdoors4evr

501 Club
One day left to get the 184 snow pusher ready.
https://radar.weather.gov/Conus/index_loop.php

All this rain turns white as it marches northeast. Its supposed to dump about 6" of white before noon tomorrow, then turn to rain for the early afternoon, then freeze overnight.

This is the kind of storm we got when I was a kid. A good bed of snow with a hard crust on the top. The best ninja could walk on it without breaking through the crust.
 
The snow/freezing rain is suppose to start in minutes. Have moved vehicles to off street parking.

Week ago had about a 1/4" of ice. Vehicle doors frozen shut. All ice scrapers were inside the vehicles. This time, I have an ice scraper, rubbing alcohol, and spray bottle inside the house.
 
6-10" expected here in SE Michigan along with some rain and a flash-freeze in the middle tomorrow afternoon. Should be fun!
 
I volunteer at Maybury Farm in Northville, MI. I'm going early tomorrow to clear snow so the barn help can get in to feed animals at 9. That'll be a ten mile drive during what's supposed to be the worst of it. Fortunately there shouldn't be much traffic on a Saturday.
 
3-6" forecast for Connecticut.
Last weekend we hit 70* on Saturday and 65* on Sunday. This morning it was 13*.
Gotta get the chains on the tires in the morning.
 
We just ended up with ice, high winds, and 40 degree temps, BUT tonight they say down to zero! ---Winter time in Il.! lol!
 
Wet and heavy! Slippery underneath. Cub wasn't cutting it so got out the walk behind blower. Slippery enough the drive didn't do much and had to push. Snow was hanging together in big sheets and not feeding into the blower (part of the problem I had with the Cub). Right after I got finished the city came by and plowed a 2' berm into the end of the driveway.
 
ours kind of died out . tornado and hail warnings , the front came through at night , and just weakened . good news . barely rained here . coppersmythe.......................
 
BigBill":oq84o8u8 said:
Only 5” fell here, it’s called a major storm? Even my Jeep tractor was laughing.

2" - 2 1/2" maybe, here in Stafford Springs. Thankfully didn't end with rain so quick work with the Cub. Another "dud" forecast.

Had Anneliese get on the tractor and take it for a drive. Next snow we get I may have her do some plowing.
Cub Plowing.JPG
 
Ended up with 7.5" of moisture rich packing snow. It rained for 2 hours after the bulk of the snowfall, then froze hard.
I pushed the snow twice on Saturday.
 
They say I huge northeaster for ground hog day. My Jeep tractor has been disappointed so far. Lol. Looking for three feet or being snowed in?
 
Definitely want to see my chains getting a workout this year. Just for entertainment I pushed about 1/2 an acre area of snow into a 5' high pile for the kids to dig in. They dug out the middle and made a snow cave. Room enough for 3 tweens to sit in.
 
Back
Top