Tongue on my IH, model unknown, heavy duty trailer type brush hog has developed a crack, has been repaired several times, is no longer straight, and the mower no longer trails behind the tractor. Forgot to mention, age of the mower is unknown, probably 50 years or so.
As I was removing the PTO shaft from the mower, wife asked if it would be cheaper to buy a new mower. Told wife that a new mower of this quality would cost well over $2000-. Wife asked if it would cost that much to repair the tongue. Told wife that I expected the materials would cost about $120- and that I had the equipment to remanufacture the tongue.
Tomorrow, back the mower out of the shop so that it's out of the way and remove the tongue.
Really don't want to replace this mower, it's extremely heavy duty, used to mow pasture and the current rock crop. It's a horse.
As I was removing the PTO shaft from the mower, wife asked if it would be cheaper to buy a new mower. Told wife that a new mower of this quality would cost well over $2000-. Wife asked if it would cost that much to repair the tongue. Told wife that I expected the materials would cost about $120- and that I had the equipment to remanufacture the tongue.
Tomorrow, back the mower out of the shop so that it's out of the way and remove the tongue.
Really don't want to replace this mower, it's extremely heavy duty, used to mow pasture and the current rock crop. It's a horse.