IH antique thread

Slim140

501 Club
Have a neat or old IH antique and would like to share with us? Please do!

I took an engine I worked on to a friend yesterday after work and he was telling me about this can he had that was IH. He went and got it and I snapped a couple photos of it. He told me what he paid for it and I about fell to the floor. I sent the pictures to a friend of mine and he said he bought 2 of them for a 1/3 of what this guy paid.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3027.JPG
    IMG_3027.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 632
  • IMG_3026.JPG
    IMG_3026.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 632
That is a cool cookie cutter. I just searched for one and you can buy 2 or 3 running Cubs from what I found, lol.
 
Chipmaker":1h92e35v said:
Have a neat or old IH antique and would like to share with us? Please do!

I took an engine I worked on to a friend yesterday after work and he was telling me about this can he had that was IH. He went and got it and I snapped a couple photos of it. He told me what he paid for it and I about fell to the floor. I sent the pictures to a friend of mine and he said he bought 2 of them for a 1/3 of what this guy paid.

Decent oil can. not 100% but nice. I have seen then run in the $30 to $50 range like that. If you can pick up any IH can in that same condition for $5 or $10 bucks consider it a steel. mind you condition is almost everything.

Those cookie cutters and neat and very expensive. Have not heard much of a story behind them other than possibly a dealer only item for say an open house. My sister would like one very much, :lol: :lol: she is into cubs as well as Irma Harding items. We attended an auction that had on on it up in Michigan year before last? maybe? anyway we actually got to hole one, two guys wanted it very badly, with the buyers premium it brought right at $3000.00 :shock: :shock: :shock: We have watched 2 or 3 on ebay over the past few years and they go for $1500 to $2000. I told Hannah there probably won't be one in our collection any time soon.
I like almost anything IH, other than the actual tractors or rare implements, I really like the memorabilia and paper goods side of collecting. I could post lots of different pics but here are two of my favorites or, jewels, of our collection if you will. The very rear Cub pennants, and the equally as rare 5' cub bear.
Russel
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9430 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_9430 - Copy.JPG
    326.5 KB · Views: 529
  • IMG_9431 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_9431 - Copy.JPG
    299.4 KB · Views: 529
  • IMG_9436 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_9436 - Copy.JPG
    356.8 KB · Views: 529
  • IMG_9446 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_9446 - Copy.JPG
    415.8 KB · Views: 529
  • IMG_9449 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_9449 - Copy.JPG
    394 KB · Views: 529
  • IMG_9451 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_9451 - Copy.JPG
    401.4 KB · Views: 529
Back
Top