The first truck I ever remember is my dads red 1958 F-100 just like in the picture. It is also the first truck I ever drove. I had to be about 5 years old and my dad was working on fences around the farm and he asked me to drive the truck down to where he was working. I hopped in and he pushed in the clutch with his hand, started the truck and put it in 1st (creeper) gear and let out the clutch. The truck crawled slowly through the field as I "drove" it, scared to death!! Dad walked along side me until it got to where he wanted it, pushed in the clutch and shut off the truck. It's amazing, just something as simple as that, and I will never forget it!!!
Dads truck had a V8 and he had 3 piston sleeves welded together for a muffler and it sounded gooooood. Thanks for posting the pictures. Really brings back some memories.