ThePunisher
New member
Well, I've been lurking for a while here, but just joined today in hopes that someone can shed some light on a mystery. I have a 1940 H that the previous owner converted to 12v with a gm 3 wire alternator. In place of the amp gauge was just the light that goes out once the alternator excites. I installed an amp gauge and moved the light to the side, and everything was great for the last 3 weeks. The light was on when I started the tractor, then would go out once I got past half throttle and the amp gauge would show positive amperage. Yay! However, out of the blue today, I reved the motor up but the light will not go out no matter what I do. What should I be looking for here? I've checked all the wire connections and nothing seems to be loose or off...any ideas?