John *.?-!.* cub owner
501 Club
We had to tear out the walkways we built between our house and Mom's trailer when we moved it out, and doing so, we no longer had any handrails on our back steps, so while the weather was nice today I decided to remedy that. I dug out the old post hole diggers (snap diggers we called them) and went to work. Only had 2 holes do dig, 18" deep, and the sticky red clay was a fight all the way. the same old diggers I had used since I was big enough to handle them did their job though, and I got the holes done. Got the posts set and tamped and hand rail on, and was cleaning the mud off, and when I turned the snap digger sideways and hit it on the ground to knock the clay loose, one handle broke off. I had spent an hour digging those holes, and beating the diggers on the ground, and the handle broke after I finished. Maybe I am being warned I should not do things like that, at least my back thinks so.