Got Fire 2

Stanton

501 Club
Completed the second H4 mag redo a lot quicker than the first: viewtopic.php?f=176&t=87108

Re-assembled the second one and touched it off. WHAM! a 5/16" white/blue spark! I like it!! Bought two non-working, farm auction mags for $18/each; now, two clean, working mags for future. :)

On a separate note, I'm working on the battery ign distributor that came with my '45 H (replaced it with another mag I bought). I couldn't believe how much gunk and oily mess was inside. Really surprised that it fired long enough to drive it home (1/4 mile). Besides one of the two governor springs inside was smashed and disconnected. Am currently working to replace both springs, clean and reassemble.

Just wanted to share this...hope ya'll have a great week!
 
Stanton":14lutf6c said:
........ Besides one of the two governor springs inside was smashed and disconnected. Am currently working to replace both springs, clean and reassemble.......
My H governor only uses one governor spring. Does yours by chance have an M&W governor, or other aftermarket one?
 
I'm referring to the Weight Arms and corresponding Governor Spring Set inside the Battery ignition Distributor (Parts Manual, page 41, items #14 and #16; right side of tractor). I believe you're referring to the actual Governor on the left side. Correct?

My Governor (connected to the carb) is just like the one in the Parts Manual, page 31. Is that an M&W or how can I tell the difference?
 
OK, I believe you are referring to the spark advance weight springs. The governor in the manual is the original IH governor, the M&W was an aftermarket that supposedly gave more precise rpm control if you needed it, such as for a generator, etc., and I do not know where you would find a manual for it.
 
Back
Top