Farmall M starter switch

JBall8019

Well-known member
Gentlemen,
I have been having problems with the starter switch(es) on my M. After a month of owning "Bertha" the switch would not complete the circuit and I went to TSC and bought another one. The first one I bought from TSC broke after three uses. The stem of the switch cracked! I took that one back and got another one, it lasted 6 months and just stopped working. I just bought a shorter stemmed switch that was made for a Massey but its not working well. I have to reach down and push the plunger with my hand instead of the using the foot lever. Have any of you had this same problem?
Thanks
John
 
John is correct. Try your local autoparts store. Obtain the better quality switch. Some of the better quality switches have an adjustment under the button.
 
Thanks guys, I keep forgetting about NAPA. I usually work the tractors on the weekend and the local NAPAS do not have convenient store hours and thats how I end up with TSC parts.
John
 
I replaced the switch on my W-6, same as an M. I bought mine at napa. Costs a little more upfront, but I have never had problems with anything I have bought.
 
Back
Top