Corn sheller worth

Wakulla Bill

Well-known member
Found this corn sheller not to far from me and was wondering what this may be worth. I have not seen many of these around here. I am waiting on him to call me for more details and would like to make him a reasonable offer.
 

Attachments

  • lamont.jpg
    lamont.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 463
Is it rusted through on the side or is it paint/tar/oil splatter I see ?
What do the teeth/nubs look like inside ?
If teeth are good and bearings are good and it's not rusted through - $100-$150
If it's rusted through I wouldn't give more than scrap price, though you could probably get $50 for "yard art".
That's up here in PA, I don't know about down your way.
 
Yard art at best. Neighbor would haul it off for scrap metal. Missing the tray or shelf to feed ear corn into sheller and bottom of legs bent on one of the 4 visible sides. That's in addition to the broken part and rust holes others mentioned.

Did find a similar one, complete and in apparent good condition on the internet for $81.00.
 
Thanks for your input on the sheller. I decided to pass on it, don't need any more junk or yard art :)
If another comes up I will now know what to offer in the future.
Thanks Bill
 
Back
Top