This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Need help on 12V conversion on my 52 cub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Moondoggie
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 77429
Tractors Owned: 1952 Farmall Cub #157195 w/belly mower, side sickle mower, blade, cultivators, tool bar w/middle buster, turning plow, row disks; 1952 Farmall Cub #151228 w/belly mower and 12V conversion; 1965 International Cub # 226021 w/42" Woods mower; 1958 Farmall Cub for parts # 204437

Need help on 12V conversion on my 52 cub

Postby Moondoggie » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:23 pm

I have reached the point on my 52 Cub #2 that I want to add a new ammeter to the circuit. The PO for some reason left the light switch and ammeter out of the circuit. I do have the Delco alternator and the diode and resistor are also in the circuit. But I will post the wiring setup as it exists from PO. There is also a fuse before the light switch but not in the existing circuit. Tested the light switch and it is good. Headlights were also converted to 12V bulbs. All diagrams I've been able to locate show the BATT connection on the alternator going straight to the ammeter, then splitting to light switch and starter. However, my BATT terminal is jumped back to the alternator. Before I mess something up I need some Cub Forum expert advice. See below. Thanks.
Cub My1952 conversion.JPG

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

txcublover
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1951 Cub (141620)
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: farmallplay

Re: Need help on 12V conversion on my 52 cub

Postby txcublover » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:01 pm

Not sure I understand the question -- referencing the Delco 3-Wire Alternator Conversion Diagram (which it appears you based your picture on), you need to take the wire that runs from the starter to the ignition switch, remove it from the ignition switch, and connect it to the empty slot on the ammeter. Then run a wire from the other side of the ammeter to the ignition switch. The fuse is for the lights only, as I understand it, so it should be inline between the ammeter and the headlight switch.
Attachments
Delco 3-Wire Alternator Conversion_Diagram.jpg

txcublover
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1951 Cub (141620)
Twitter ID: farmallplay

Postby txcublover » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:03 pm

I notice now that there is another wire missing - from the ammeter (where the connection to the ignition switch and headlight switch are already connected) there should be a wire running to the BAT terminal on the alternator...

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:04 pm

http://www.yesterdaystractors.com/artic ... int195.htm

At the bottom of the above post is the correct wiring diagram. Your wiring diagram - - is, well, not well diagramed.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Farmall Cub”