touch control

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

touch control

Postby dcpky » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:20 pm

hey guys took manifold off the side of touch control houseing going to replace the gasket thought there might be some o rings did not see any guess it is gasket only i no there are 2 o rings on pump mainfold want to make sure before i put gasket Also going to pull touch control houseing so i can clean everything up do i need to order a bottom houseing gasket or can i clean it all up and use some form a gasket talking about where touch control bolts down on tractor Thanks fellows
dcpky

Zip Code: 42368

Re: touch control

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:38 pm

Where manifold bolts to tractor is gasket only. There is no gasket under the unit, just metal to metal. You will not need a gasket unless you take the bottom plate off the touch control. If you do that, ge6t a gasket, rather than form a gasket. I tiny spec of the form a gasket getting inside the system can easily cause a complete rebuild.
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government
to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the
government lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." Patrick Henry
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby Smokeycub » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:51 pm

Hey there, Johns got you covered. You can try this site though, it's listed under "manuals" at the top of this page. http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Blue%2 ... index.html , for some reason it's not working right now. Ordinarily it works well and it's a great source for anything Cub related. Good luck!
Ray
Smokeycub
Smokeycub
501 Club
501 Club

Zip Code: 44266
Tractors Owned: 49 F Cub
65 Cub Cadet 104
70 450C JD
67 Cub Cadet 107
90 B7100HST-D Kubota
72 Cub Cadet 149
54 Super C
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Rudi » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:34 pm

Ray:

It is up and working. Not sure what the problem was for you.. could have been as simple as a power bump.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Rudi
Team Cub
Team Cub

Zip Code: E1A7J3
eBay ID: ve9rhs
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1951 Cub "Jethro"
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Circle of Safety Award