This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

New Years Day Pulled Pork

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original
Circle of Safety: Y

New Years Day Pulled Pork

Postby Dennis » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:30 pm

Well, thanks to our great weather this year, I grabbed my smoker out of storage and purchased a nice 8 lbs. pork butt from our local grocers on the day before New Years Eve along with our favorite commercial rub and sauce (Oklahoma Joe's).

I rubbed that bad boy with Cowtown "The Squeal Hog Rub", wrapped it and put it in the fridge for the rest of the day. Around 9pm, I fired up the smoker (plugged it in :) ) and put the pork butt in for a long slow smoke (4 hours of hickory chips) and 11 hours of slow roasting at 225 degrees.

When the pork reached about 195 degrees, I removed it (taking nibbles from the grill) and wrapped it in foil for another 30 minute rest.
PulledPorkButt.jpg

Next, we got our "bear paws" out and started to tear into it.
PulledPork.jpg

Yielded about 3.5 lbs. of pulled pork = 2 days and it was ALL gone :( Wife and son's said, don't put the smoker away until it snows here... I agreed.

It's not as good as Oklahoma Joes BBQ, but its the next best thing to driving the 60 mile round trip for us -- which we do all to often ;) If you are ever in KC and are a BBQ fan, you MUST visit them (47th Street location ONLY. Can't beat eating in a gas station.)
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

Code: Select all

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”