This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

The I-71 Story long

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

The I-71 Story long

Postby KETCHAM » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:54 am

Well I was on the way to the cub-tug in 2006.The day before I got a tire fixed at the Goodyear store behind the ford dealer.Work wanted $15.00 to mount and balance.[we were not allowed to do it ourselfs anymore]I bought the tire from the goodyear store and sell them parts all the time.They did it for free.Next day,saturday and the cub tug.WOOOO HOOO!!Wanted to get there early for the omlets!!!!Left 6:00am and raining.Well I'm north of Columbus and all of a sudden the left rear wheel comes off and I'm sliding down I-71 and pulling over.Waited 1/2 hour nobody [police]stop.I wanted to get going!!!I figure I'll take the cub off the trailer and go get wheel studs and nuts!!!!Major Highway now!!Get the cub off,and head for the exit 6 miles away.WWOOO HOOO!!!Now is still raining cats and dogs.Get to the exit,another 4 miles to a NAPA.On the way I get pulled over for not having a slow moving vechile sigh.Tell the cop what has happened.Says get a sign.I say OK!!Get to Napa get Sign,parts and stuff.Now the ride back.I finally get back to highway going against traffic.Blazing 6mph.Cop pulls over,tells me I can't do this.I said I'm almost back to truck.Give me a ride to truck I'll come back for the tractor.He says go ahead!![no time to help me I guess]Get back to truck and get it fixed.Put tractor back on trailer.Put tools back in tool box.Throw can of PB blaster in box and it gets hole in it and shows me!!!GREAT!!!Clean up, get in truck[no more rear brakes either]I'm going to make it yet!!!I pulled in at 2:00 and did'nt miss anything.The pull was delay because of the rain Whew!!!I did miss a great breakfast though!!!Got up early to get home safe Sunday with no problems.WHAT A TRIP THAT WAS!!!Kevin :twisted: :roll:
Last edited by KETCHAM on Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

Denny Clayton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45365
Tractors Owned: Home to "Rusty", the 2007 and 2009 Cub Tug Champion.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Denny Clayton » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:42 am

It's a classic, Kevin! A lot of the folks here haven't heard it yet. It's part of the folklore of the Cub Tug.
'61 Lo-Boy
'60 FH Lo-Boy
'60 Lo-Boy
'57 FH Cub "Rusty" (CubTug winner 2007 & 2009)
Member of Ohio Chapter 6
Circle of Safety

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:49 am

Goes to the old addage, never a cop around when you need one. But always one when you dont want one. Great story. Its one them days that makes us stronger.

redfin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 70737

Postby redfin » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:58 am

Kevin I can picture you now and passersby saying" look at that damned fool on his tractor" :twisted: If only they knew you were about to become a Cub Tug Legend! :D

Jim

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:22 pm

Kevin,

I've heard it in person and read it just now. It just keeps getting better.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

PAUL K. in N.H.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby PAUL K. in N.H. » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:25 pm

Kevin, Wow what a story ! You did good !

Paul K. in N.H.

Return to “Off Topic”