This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

* Shade Tree Mechanic Feedback

Any other helpful tips you may have.
drspiff
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 77802
Tractors Owned: The '51
Blue Boy
Scout
a host of parts tractors

Postby drspiff » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:24 am

Into Tractors wrote:Rick how about a picture of this contraption?

Ask, and it shall be given...

Here are the parts for the grease nozzle/Zerk adapter. Notice the ball and spring to the left. These are the pieces to remove from the Zerk. Also note that the brass tube is preped for soldering.

Here is the assembled adapter. The shiny bit where the brass tube joins the Zerk is the soft solder sweated joint. I did not need to solder this particular adapter since the brass tube was a press fit into the Zerk, but I did it anyway.

And here is the adapter plugged into the end of the grease gun showing a little grease at the end.

I hope this helps you to visualize the assembled item.

Rick Dulas

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:30 pm

Rick,
I just read "Shade Tree Lift and Support - Jacks, Stands, & Cribbing " and saw:
There are 2 parts to splitting your tractor, the first is supporting the back end and the second is securing and moving the front part.

I have found it is almost always easier to block the front in place and move the back. About the only exception is when you split it in front of the engine and wheel the front axle away.

drspiff
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 77802
Tractors Owned: The '51
Blue Boy
Scout
a host of parts tractors

Postby drspiff » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:34 pm

Jim Becker wrote:I have found it is almost always easier to block the front in place and move the back. About the only exception is when you split it in front of the engine and wheel the front axle away.

This makes sense, especially if the legs had heavy duty casters on them. I'll add this to the article. In fact, this gives me several more ideas about splitting and how to move the pieces.

Thanks Jim!

Rick (Always open to new ideas) Dulas

Return to “Miscellaneous Ideas”