This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Decals for cub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
DrCJV
10+ Years
10+ Years

Decals for cub

Postby DrCJV » Tue May 22, 2007 6:16 am

Where is the best place to get replacement decals for my cub?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

deputy jailer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby deputy jailer » Tue May 22, 2007 6:21 am

I bought mine from Maple-Hunter decals in Indiana (thanks to Bigdog). Here is the contact info, ask for John:

Maple-Hunter Decals
P.O. BOx 805
Riley ,Indiana 47871
Telephone: John Hunter: (812) 894-9759

You will find there are several places to buy them. I got mine for my 49 and was well pleased with the decals and the quick sevice.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Tue May 22, 2007 6:25 am

Maple-Hunter Decals would be my first choice. However there are many good sources such as Binder Books or Carter & Gruenewald.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

DrCJV
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby DrCJV » Tue May 22, 2007 6:33 am

Thanks for the fast response

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Tue May 22, 2007 6:47 am

TSC (tractor supply) has them too.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

deputy jailer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby deputy jailer » Tue May 22, 2007 6:54 am

While we are on the subject of decals can anyone explain something. check out the link below

http://www.ytmag.com/store/parts/pics/wm_2565r.jpg

The decal that has LH D B and the one O D B. I know one or the other is for the light switch, I think. If both ARE used were do they go. anyone have any pics of them on the tractor.

JimT
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 38482
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub-Buttercub
582 Cub Cadet-Brutus
109 Cub Cadet-Bee-atrice
129 Cub Cadet-Artie

Postby JimT » Tue May 22, 2007 6:54 am

I got mine at TSC and I think they are a nice set of decals.

JimT
JimT

If you can't find it, don't lose it.

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965

Postby Cecil » Tue May 22, 2007 6:57 am

The one with LHBD is for the tractors with a cutout as apposed to a voltage regulator. Low, High (charge), Bright, Dim (lights).

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Tue May 22, 2007 7:33 am

deputyjailer90 aka podge wrote:While we are on the subject of decals can anyone explain something. check out the link below

http://www.ytmag.com/store/parts/pics/wm_2565r.jpg

The decal that has LH D B and the one O D B. I know one or the other is for the light switch, I think. If both ARE used were do they go. anyone have any pics of them on the tractor.

Rather than make several different decal sets for a tractor depending on options and features, most decal sets include all the decals for a particular model and any options or features it may be equipped with.

In this case, the set is for the 47-54 Cub, which was equipped with a cutout through 1950 and a regulator from 1951-1954, or something like that. The LH D B decal is for the 4-position light switch that controls the cutout, and the ODB decal is for the 3-position light switch that only controls the lights, because the regulator is automatic.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Tue May 22, 2007 10:05 am

Matt Kirsch wrote:In this case, the set is for the 47-54 Cub, which was equipped with a cutout through 1950 and a regulator from 1951-1954, or something like that. The LH D B decal is for the 4-position light switch that controls the cutout, and the ODB decal is for the 3-position light switch that only controls the lights, because the regulator is automatic.

The funny thing about this set is it is "McCormick-Deering" which makes it '47-'49 only, but includes an (O D B) that is '50 and later only.

There is a fundamental problem with what is "best" because that is a subjective term. It includes at least 3 distinct aspects that may be considered separately or in combination:

1) Cheapest. You can shop around for that. Likely sources include places like TSC, many eBay or internet sellers, Iron Horse etc.
2) Pretty ones for over-restored trailer queens, accuracy not important. Vinyl cut ones from Maple-Hunter fit the bill.
3) Accurate wording and appearance. Go to Ken Updike at C&G.

Your money, your choice.

deputy jailer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby deputy jailer » Tue May 22, 2007 10:57 am

I guess I have one of those over-restored trailer queens then. My boys don't have the luxury of growing up on tractors like I did since tabacco is worthless now. My over-restored trailer queen is purely for the enjoyment of my children and when I am dead and gone they can tell their children and grand children that they helped their daddy over-restore that pretty little red trailer queen. They can also say my daddy was never perfect therefore accuaracy was the least of his worries.

Rob in NH
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 03848
eBay ID: panelbeata
Tractors Owned: 1947 circle cub
1950 cub demonstrator
1957 cub
1967 cub

Postby Rob in NH » Tue May 22, 2007 11:35 am

anybody know what they had for decals on a 66? the only one mine had was one on the battery box.

CityCub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby CityCub » Tue May 22, 2007 12:09 pm

1)
Cheapest. You can shop around for that. Likely sources include places like TSC, many eBay or internet sellers, Iron Horse etc.
2) Pretty ones for over-restored trailer queens, accuracy not important. Vinyl cut ones from Maple-Hunter fit the bill.
3) Accurate wording and appearance. Go to Ken Updike at C&G.

I took a few close-up reference pictures of my 58 cub's original decals before blasting & painting. I can't comment on Maple Hunter or the others, but I recently ordered a full set from Ken at C&G. Ken is very nice and helpfull, and I believe the decals are fairly authentic and accurate in overall appearance. My only reservation is that they were either scanned or printed digitally at a lower resolution, so the type has a jagged, rough appearance. You can only see this at close range -- 8 inches or less, so it may not be a problem for some.

Return to “Farmall Cub”