This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

tractor serial # vs. engine serial #

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
TexCub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 77316
Circle of Safety: Y

tractor serial # vs. engine serial #

Postby TexCub » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:07 pm

Does anyone know where I can find a table that compares engine serial #'s to tractor serial #'s? I need to order a generator belt and I know that my front bolster is a transplant. The majority of my casting dates are from mid 1953.

Based on TM's ranges on the correct belt, it appears somewhere mid-1953 is when one belt was replaced with another. Maybe something else can tell me which one I need. I don't have the magneto setup, my engine serial # is 37456. If I could finds general dates corresponding to the block serial # then I'd know which one I needed.

And since my casting dates are from around the time of the generator belt switch, I'm at a loss. Thanks for any help finding this table or explaining why one might need one belt vs. the other!!!

Dave

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: tractor serial # vs. engine serial #

Postby Rudi » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:29 pm

TexCub wrote:Does anyone know where I can find a table that compares engine serial #'s to tractor serial #'s? I need to order a generator belt and I know that my front bolster is a transplant. The majority of my casting dates are from mid 1953.

Based on TM's ranges on the correct belt, it appears somewhere mid-1953 is when one belt was replaced with another. Maybe something else can tell me which one I need. I don't have the magneto setup, my engine serial # is 37456. If I could finds general dates corresponding to the block serial # then I'd know which one I needed.

And since my casting dates are from around the time of the generator belt switch, I'm at a loss. Thanks for any help finding this table or explaining why one might need one belt vs. the other!!!
Dave

Dave:

Don't make it too complicated. It really is quite simple. I do not rely on tables as it is easy to make a mistake when typing in the data, so I ALWAYS refer back to the TC-37 Parts Catalogs. One must learn how to read the Parts Pages.. which is what is needed to answer the question. Once you figure it out, the mystery is all gone. I used to obsess over it.. no longer do..

TC-37A Revision - 3 Group - 08 - Electrical - Page 02 shows the following:

Generator and Connections - For Tractors Equipped With Starting And Lighting System - Cub Tractors w/ Serial No. 221292 And Below:

Item #9 Part # 351 321 R1 Belt, Generator For Cub Tractors w/Serial No. 165152 And Below -

In either case your Cub will fit in this category. That would be the belt you need.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

TexCub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 77316

Postby TexCub » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:47 pm

Thanks, Rudi!!! I didn't even consider there were revisions to the "TC-37F" catalog. Only makes sense! The only consolation I find in asking these simple questions is that one day I'll be able to answer them for somebody else!!!! :D

Dave

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:42 pm

TexCub wrote:Thanks, Rudi!!! I didn't even consider there were revisions to the "TC-37F" catalog. Only makes sense! The only consolation I find in asking these simple questions is that one day I'll be able to answer them for somebody else!!!! :D
Dave

Dave:

That is exactly how I got from point a to point b... If it wasn't for Jim and the others helping me learn, I still would be strugglin. That is the beauty of this community, we all help or try to help each other.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Clark Thompson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36310
Tractors Owned: 1975 IH cub,1948 farmall cub,1979 international 3200 skid steer and a 1974 John deere 350B dozer.

Postby Clark Thompson » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:14 pm

there is a easy way to tell what generator belt your tractor will need. If it has the small generator drive pulley on the fanhub then it will take a 21 inch belt. if it has the large drive pulley then it will need the 22inch belt. the small generator drive pulley is close to the same diameter as the fan drive pulley. the larger generator drive pulley is larget then the fan drive pulley.
Collector of Farmall cubs and cub cadets.Injoy helping people keep their cubs running. Years of experipnce.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:41 pm

Clark Thompson wrote:there is a easy way to tell what generator belt your tractor will need. If it has the small generator drive pulley on the fanhub then it will take a 21 inch belt. if it has the large drive pulley then it will need the 22inch belt. the small generator drive pulley is close to the same diameter as the fan drive pulley. the larger generator drive pulley is larget then the fan drive pulley.

Clark:

Check the top of the forum cause guess what :!: :?: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Return to “Farmall Cub”