This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Floor pan Removal

Tips and tricks on repairs to your Cub’s structure.
Ralph
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 41005
Tractors Owned: Near 200 cubs through the years
Circle of Safety: Y

Floor pan Removal

Postby Ralph » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:09 pm

I have removed prob more of them than most

First thing to do is get the left pedal shaft out.
To do this remove the cotter pin in the shaft.
Disconnect the brake clevis.
Take a wire brush on a drill or whatever your powered brush is and polish the shaft between the brake pedal and the clutch pedal get all the paint and rust off.
Take the locking set screw out.
Then go to the left side of the tractor and use a large Cresent wrench on the pedal rod arm and try to turn it. If it turns GOOD, let the pedal hang down so you can spray penetrant in the hole where the set screw was and turn it both ways. Add penetrant until it turns freely .

If it doesn't turn, use heat on the pedal where the shaft goes through. Cool with penetrant. It will draw it in like soldering. Do this several times and try to turn it again with the Cresent wrench.
I have used a slide hammer to pull them from the left side i made a bracket for the slide hammer to attach to the rod.

Leave the right pedal alone 'til ya get the floor pan off and then you can put it in a vise and work with it.

Hope some of this helps.

Thanks,

Ralph
Shoot low Sherriff they are Riding Shadows
4 Wheels move the body.....
2 Wheels move the Soul .....

Ralph in ky.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Frame/Sheet Metal”