This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Electrolosis tank 1 cooking 1 on the make

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613
Circle of Safety: Y

Electrolosis tank 1 cooking 1 on the make

Postby Boss Hog » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:33 pm

these are pics of my electrolosis tanks the 2nd tank is about 500 gal. have not started it yet still looking for scrape metal
David
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:24 pm

David:

Interesting adaptation.... I would personally like to see more pics. One suggestion though is to lower the whole part into the solution.. add some water you are a bit low. It will go a lot faster....

That second tank.. I was looking for one like that.. but could never find one. That looks almost too good to cut up to use as an electrolysis tank... but it sure would work nice :!: :D Please post pics of how you decide to fabricate this one...
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

junkman1946
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby junkman1946 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:50 pm

Rudi Re. the larger tank:In the fishing and frozen food industry they use large poly boxes measure 40-48 in. about 36in. tall with removable tops VERY heavy duty, drain at the bottom and well insulated. They are designed to carry 1000lbs. of product wet, dry or whatever. They can usually be found around fish piers or food warehouses, we call them "gaylords" around here. :idea:
1948 Cub F,1962 Original,1971 C.C.model86, WheelHorse and C.C. mini pulling tractors, C.C. models1450 , 682,106,123, Ariens GT17 with loader,Jacobsen Powermax loader and backhoe 8 more Cub Cadets in the shed waiting to go under the knife and spray gun.

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Boss Hog » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:02 pm

Rudi wrote:David:

Interesting adaptation.... I would personally like to see more pics. One suggestion though is to lower the whole part into the solution.. add some water you are a bit low. It will go a lot faster....

That second tank.. I was looking for one like that.. but could never find one. That looks almost too good to cut up to use as an electrolysis tank... but it sure would work nice :!: :D Please post pics of how you decide to fabricate this one...

Rudi,
The part in the tank is touching the bottom. When I have it full the cats drink out of it. Dont no if it will hurt them but dont want to take the chance.
My boy keeps them plenty of fresh water but they still want to drink out of the tank. Never did like cats
But love my children so I put up with them.
Bet you never thought that would be the reason for a low tank
David
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Boss Hog » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:03 pm

OH, on my dialup it takesd about 12 hr to load pics
David
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Boss Hog » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:08 pm

David Bennett wrote:OH, on my dialup it takesd about 12 hr to load pics The tank is a milk tank, that is the size I use to by at the store when all my kids were at home Use to bring the corn flakes in by the truck load
David
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:18 pm

Nice tanks!

Take a look at 'image resizer' from Microsoft (link on Rudi's site). Makes images really reasonable in size and should cure your upload problem.

Larry
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Mac from NS
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mac from NS » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:10 pm

junkman1946 wrote:Rudi Re. the larger tank:In the fishing and frozen food industry they use large poly boxes measure 40-48 in. about 36in. tall with removable tops VERY heavy duty, drain at the bottom and well insulated. They are designed to carry 1000lbs. of product wet, dry or whatever. They can usually be found around fish piers or food warehouses, we call them "gaylords" around here. :idea:

we use one of them that is 48 ins. high
Take a little time to play,you don't grow old as fast that way.

Mac

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:44 am

NICE TANKS David...Looks like you're well on your way to refurbishin' all your old Cub parts :!: :D
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:35 pm

junkman1946 wrote:Rudi Re. the larger tank:In the fishing and frozen food industry they use large poly boxes measure 40-48 in. about 36in. tall with removable tops VERY heavy duty, drain at the bottom and well insulated. They are designed to carry 1000lbs. of product wet, dry or whatever. They can usually be found around fish piers or food warehouses, we call them "gaylords" around here. :idea:

Yup, living in New Brunswick -- I see many of them, there just are none available to non-fishermen cheaply. They either get recycled or they want $100.00 to $250.00 for tanks that leak...

Also, the one in the picture is usually used for landscapers etc., as a portable tank for spray irrigation of newly planted trees... and they want an arm and a leg for the used ones as well, and they usually leak :!: :? :shock: :roll: :lol:

So, I got me a huge one.... a 400 gallon used plastic oil tank, from my brother-in-law via my father-in-law.... FREE :!: :!: I much prefer that..

David Bennett wrote:Rudi,
The part in the tank is touching the bottom. When I have it full the cats drink out of it. Dont no if it will hurt them but dont want to take the chance.
My boy keeps them plenty of fresh water but they still want to drink out of the tank. Never did like cats
But love my children so I put up with them.
Bet you never thought that would be the reason for a low tank
David

David.. ok.. you are right.. that would never have entered my head. Our cats usually end up getting to be road kill for some reason, so we no longer have em.. besides, I think our birds would have a fit.. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

David Bennett wrote:OH, on my dialup it takesd about 12 hr to load pics The tank is a milk tank, that is the size I use to by at the store when all my kids were at home Use to bring the corn flakes in by the truck load
David
:

David, yup, Larry got it nailed. Use either Irfanview or WinXp Image Resizer. Image Resizer is quicker and faster.. choose the default of 640x480 and it will result in jpegs usually smaller than 100kb even on larger files without compromising clarity too much. Be much easier to upload.

You can also email em to me and I can help with putting it together for you and I will host the project on the Cub Server...
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farmall Cub”