This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Removing lifters

Farmall H, HV & Super H, 300 & 350, 1939-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Grizz
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 97801
Tractors Owned: 1944 Farmall H
1955 Farmall Cub
1965 1020 John Deere

Removing lifters

Postby Grizz » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:42 pm

I'm in the middle of an in frame overhaul of my 1944 H, thought as long as I have the head and side cover off I should take a look at the lifters. I haven't been able to find any instructions on how they come out. I've used a magnet on other engines but it didn't work when I tried it on this one. A little expert advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Grizz

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

NavyBM
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 02825
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub's
1946 Farmall H
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Removing lifters

Postby NavyBM » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:21 pm

First, I am assuming you have never removed them before since you are asking.

So, is there any rust or a build up of residue that could make it difficult to remove them? You could always try using a small metal pick or scribe of some sort to clean around them and try to pull them out. Maybe try some SeaFoam around them to loosen them up.

Second (last resort), taking the block off and flipping it upside down and hopefully they fall out.

I have never had any problem with this before so these are the only things I could think of. Good Luck!
I am as bad as the worst, but, thank God, I am as good as the best.
Circle of Safety

Grizz
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 97801
Tractors Owned: 1944 Farmall H
1955 Farmall Cub
1965 1020 John Deere

Postby Grizz » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:18 pm

NavyBM

Thanks for the information. I've decided to not try and pull them. The pan is off and the rods and pistons are removed, with that, I was able to take a wooden dowel and push on each lifter from the bottom. They were all free and from what I could see there is no scaring or uneven wear. I would prefer to remove them so I could give them a critical look but under the circumstances I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Again, thanks much, I appreciate it.

Grizz

NavyBM
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 02825
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub's
1946 Farmall H
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby NavyBM » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:58 am

No problem, hopefully it works out for you.
I am as bad as the worst, but, thank God, I am as good as the best.
Circle of Safety

Return to “Farmall H, HV, Super H, 300 & 350”