This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

conseal carry in Canada

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
rterry
10+ Years
10+ Years

conseal carry in Canada

Postby rterry » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:29 am

can you take a pistol into canada if you have a us conceal carry licenses?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Slim140
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: .
1970 International 140
1972 International 140
1949 John Deere A
1993 Ford 4630 W/Loader
1965 John Deere 110
1961 Cub Cadet Original
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: conseal carry in Canada

Postby Slim140 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:11 am

I can’t answer from personal experience but did find this.

http://concealednation.org/2015/07/how- ... to-canada/
Every home is a school, what are you teaching?

Circle of Safety

coppersmythe
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: '48 trimmed dash high crop cub , '78 3/4 cub , lo-boy/59 mower , '64 "galvanized" cub , cub-6 toolbar , sicklebar mowers , 54 blade , plow , mott mower , early belly mower . . international 1010 pickup with 345ci v-8 .

Postby coppersmythe » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:50 pm

hey rterry , hope all is well . i just got back from a bear hunt near calgary , canada this past may . i drove across the border with my two hunting rifles . all paper work filled out ahead of time , and signed it in front of the canadian officials . no problem . i asked about handguns/concealed carry permits ( ive carried for years ) . she made a face and said it is pretty much impossible for a canadian ( realistically) and worse for someone coming to canada. my son has been across 8 times over the years , 5 of those crossings , they did a stem to stern search of him and his vehicle . DO NOT go across thinking you wont be searched . it is random , and can land you in jail if they find a handgun . my outfitter/guide ( both canadian ) said it was too much trouble for them to get a handgun license for backup on the bearhunts . my guide used a short ( 16") barreled 30-30 leveraction with iron sights ! my personal experience , coppersmythe.......................
rterry wrote:can you take a pistol into canada if you have a us conceal carry licenses?

Urbish
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48158
Tractors Owned: ~
1958 International Cub LoBoy
1947 Farmall H
1946 Farmall B
1953 Willys CJ3B
2022 Massey Ferguson GC1723E Subcompact

Cub Loboy L-54 Leveling and Grader Blade

Postby Urbish » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:27 pm

Canada does not recognize concealed carry licenses from any US state. It is very difficult to transport a handgun into Canada even if done according to what we call peaceable journey practice (unloaded, locked, cased, out of reach, ammunition stored separately).

Concealed carry in Canada for a foreign citizen is nonexistent. In fact, they recommend that if you are travelling through Canada to get to Alaska, you should ship your firearms via a FFL dealer vs. all the paperwork & hassle required to physically transport the firearm yourself.

Side story: I was once coming back from a day-trip to Ontario, Canada and was stopped & had my vehicle searched by US Customs. They found a stray .22 shell in my trunk along with a pack of firecrackers (that I'd long forgotten were in there). You'd swear that I was transporting a weapon of mass destruction given the response from the customs officials. Do not transport a firearm or ammunition across the border unless you're willing to go through the complete process for legal transportation!
Jim

Circle of Safety

rterry
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rterry » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:59 pm

thanks everyone

Return to “Off Topic”