This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

154 lo boy steering box brace

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
FlanneryFarms
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 45133

154 lo boy steering box brace

Postby FlanneryFarms » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:59 am

Hey guys I am new to the forum and these tractors. I am fixing up a 154 my dad bought several years ago so i have something to mow the grass at my new house. I've been going through the usual stuff like the fuel, ignition, cooling systems. Right now I am addressing the steering box brace that I understand is a common problem. Just wanting to see what you guys have come up with to fix this issue so it doesn't happen again. I am thinking of making a brace for the RH side of the tractor that goes from the frame to the steering box. Any thoughts or suggestions? Pics would be a huge help.

Thanks! :help:

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 154 lo boy steering box brace

Postby Bob McCarty » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:37 pm

HamiltonBobs (Forum sponsor at the bottom of the page) has repair brackets (steering box repair, steering support, steering plate). We repaired one several years ago at my Cubfest and it took much longer to remove the PO's welded fix than to install the new pieces. You'll have to look at the website and see what you need. And welcome to the Forum.
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

FlanneryFarms
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 45133

Postby FlanneryFarms » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:38 am

I seen their brackets they look nice, I just wish I could see how they went on. This one is a mess with the wiring and the steering. Thanks!

chevyzz8
Zip Code: 53066

Postby chevyzz8 » Sat May 09, 2020 12:04 am

Anyone have pics of the repair mount installed?

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Dennis » Sat May 09, 2020 10:33 am

Hi, this post is over two years old. Please start a new topic to address your pto issues. Thanks

Dennis
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

Code: Select all

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety