This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Interesting Bread Recipe

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Wise Owl
10+ Years
10+ Years

Interesting Bread Recipe

Postby Wise Owl » Fri May 05, 2006 9:34 am

If any of you have ever worked in or visited a big production bakery, this recipe will bring back memories of exactly how rushed these places actually are. :) Just thought I would share this with you guys.

This recipe makes 1120 loaves of bread. One batch every 15 minutes is produced. One hundred loaves of bread panned and bagged every minute.

900 lbs flour
605 lbs water
72 lbs sugar
27 lbs shortening
27 lbs milk powder
18 lbs salt
24 lbs yeast cake

No sense giving directions because to make this recipe would require commercial equipment and we won't go there. This is just for a yuck yuck :)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Fri May 05, 2006 9:37 am

Would a cement mixer do? Or would it come out like cement?

Wise Owl
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Wise Owl » Fri May 05, 2006 10:25 am

Jim Becker wrote:Would a cement mixer do? Or would it come out like cement?

You could try but I don't think you would get the dough out short of cutting the drum with an arc welder. :shock: :arrow: :!: :roll: :lol:

Carl :

Do you think this would work for your Sourdough bread for the next Cubfest?

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Lurker Carl » Fri May 05, 2006 12:33 pm

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

I just happen to have a cement mixer but it won't hold 900 lbs of flour. I guess I can cut the recipe back by 75% and make several batches. The dough can rise in the bucket of the loader, maybe someone can donate their Cub scoop as well. I'll get a bunch of C60 oil pans to bake the loaves in after the Dotson brothers get a bonfire going.

Y'all want cinnamon, cheese or plain and who's bringing the butter?
"Chance favors the prepared mind."
- Louis Pasteur

"In character, in manners, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Wise Owl
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Wise Owl » Fri May 05, 2006 1:32 pm

Lurker Carl wrote::idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

I just happen to have a cement mixer but it won't hold 900 lbs of flour. I guess I can cut the recipe back by 75% and make several batches. The dough can rise in the bucket of the loader, maybe someone can donate their Cub scoop as well. I'll get a bunch of C60 oil pans to bake the loaves in after the Dotson brothers get a bonfire going.

Y'all want cinnamon, cheese or plain and who's bringing the butter?

Hey you know, that might just work :D Oh and I'll have cinnamon and cheese (not in the same loaf of course).

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”