This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Super H hydraulics

Farmall H, HV & Super H, 300 & 350, 1939-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Super H hydraulics

Postby Matt Kirsch » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:51 pm

Finally got the time to plumb Dad's hydraulic pressure gauge into the Super H to check out the live hydraulics. 1250 PSI, after adding 3 quarts of hytran. Must've been REALLY low, just enough to keep the pump from burning up...

I think that's right in spec. Yes! I can now run the dump trailer... Well, maybe with three more quarts of hytran I can...

Just one question if anyone here has any Stage II super letter-series experience: On the Stage II live hydraulic reservoir, which is the main pressure line and which is the delayed? I can't remember anymore. I think the top one is the main, and that's the way I have it plumbed in.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Mon May 01, 2006 4:57 pm

I can't tell you about the delay ports but the pressure in my experience is about right on. Any more pressure and it will bog the engine at idle a bit much.

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Matt Kirsch » Tue May 02, 2006 9:40 am

Thanks WK. The pressure is spot-on spec, which has me practically doing cartwheels down the driveway. When Dad finally got the tractor running, we pulled the lever on the hydraulic reservoir and... nothing. Tractor didn't even change tone. :(

It was reeeeeeeeally low on oil. We put about a quart in after trying it once, and it still didn't work, so we just left it go and got back to tinkering on other things. Hydraulics are pretty much the last thing that we hadn't tinkered with.

After the third quart last Sunday, the pressure jumped from 300 to 600, then 600 to 1000, then 1000 to 1250!. The engine grunted, and the familiar squeal of a relief valve... That was a $600 load off my mind, for sure.

BTW, I found out that the top port is the main, and the bottom is the delayed. So, I got the right one.

Return to “Farmall H, HV, Super H, 300 & 350”