This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Gasoline only on a distillate/gasoline engine

Farmall H, HV & Super H, 300 & 350, 1939-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bill Blansett
10+ Years
10+ Years

Gasoline only on a distillate/gasoline engine

Postby Bill Blansett » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:14 pm

I have the oportunity to buy a Super C and an H Farmall real reasonable. Looks like both had, or are still setup for both gasoline and distillate. I would prefer to use gasoline only. Any ramifications or things to do to accomplish this? I don't have any experience on the dual fuel models. Appreciate your comments. Bill

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:18 pm

Bill, just fill the tank with gas and you're set. They likely haven't be run on anything else but gas for the last 30 - 40 years anyway.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:24 pm

no problems bill, we ran our 41 H (distillate model) on gasoline fro as long as I cna remeber. They actually take less maintenace on gasoline than distillate.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Bill Blansett
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bill Blansett » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:08 am

Thanks to Big Dog and John for the feed back. I think I will go for them as the metal is all straight, and look pretty good for tractors that have been sitting a long time. The Super C has an aftermarket wide Front end. Jim Turner said he thinks it was made by "Swartz". Don't know much about that company either, but like the idea of the wide front down here in the hills, however, I doubt that they would ever be up on the side of one. Been reluctant to go bigger than the A and Super A due to the handling of the heavy parts with this old back. I have hoists and cherry picker, but many times just go ahead and lift stuff that I shouldn't. Thanks again. Bill

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:52 pm

Petroleum distillate, also known as "tractor fuel" back in the day, hasn't been widely available for about 50 years now. Those tractors have probably been running on straight gasoline for about that long, so I don't think you're going to hurt them by running straight gasoline in them now.

Schwartz makes good aftermarket front ends for tractors. No worries there.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:21 pm

Schwartz is still in business, and many of the fornts for the old tractors are still avaialble new.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Huh

Postby allenlook » Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:08 am

I never would have thought there was such a thing as an aftermarket front-end for a tractor.

What did they provide, more strength or adjustability, or was it the only way to convert a tricycle tractor to a wide axle?
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:39 am

Allen - it was to convert narrow to wide front end. The Schwartz was a popular alternative and very well built.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Farmall H, HV, Super H, 300 & 350”