This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Exhaust Lift

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Tractor Tom
10+ Years
10+ Years

Exhaust Lift

Postby Tractor Tom » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:59 pm

I have seen Jim Becker's article about the exhaust lift so maybe he or someone else can offer some suggestions about renewing the mating surface on the pressure valve "cup". Since it is recessed, I don't know how or if I can dress it well enough to hold pressure. What kind of pressures or tolerances are involved? Does anyone have any experiences with the high heat epoxies (1000F+)? Thanks!
So many tractors, so little time......

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:20 pm

Most of the time, you can get them "flat enough" by giving it a good scraping with the tip of a file. If it is too rough, you may need to stick it in a milling machine and clean it up with an end mill. But that is unlikely. You should be able to get the valve (the flapper) pretty flat so you are only left with the unevenness of one part.

I have my doubts about any epoxy holding up there. For one, the temperature is pertty high for any epoxy. For another, the valve body probably has enough rust to make adhesion pretty doubtful as well.

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”