This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

1250 HYDRO PROBLEM

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
baldwindiesel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44820

1250 HYDRO PROBLEM

Postby baldwindiesel » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:16 pm

HELLO;
I HAVE RECENTLY AQUIRED A CUB CADET 1250 HYDRO IN EXCELLANT ORIGINAL CONDITION. HOWEVER, THE MECHANICS ARE UNKNOWN. THE ENGINE TURNS (by hand) AND IT LOOKS TO BE WELL CARED FOR. MY PROBLEM; WHEN I TURN THE KEY THE HOUR METER RUNS, BUT NOTHING ELSE HAPPENS. THE BATTERY IS NEW. IT MUST BE ELECTRICAL, STARTER SWITCH ? SOLINOID ? BATTERY CABLE ? ANY IDEAS ????

BALDWINDIESEL

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

randallc
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 72940
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall Cub, 152 disk plow, 2 gang disk, belly mower, sickle mower
1949 Farmall Cub, cultivator, moldboard plow, disk,front blade. Cub Cadet, LTX1045 Mower. Cub Cadet's 109, 125, 1000, and 1250
1961 cub c2 belly mower and full blade. 48 cub manual lift with cultivators.
1947 Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 1250 HYDRO PROBLEM

Postby randallc » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:53 am

Clean all your connections starting at the battery. If that doesn't work, get your multi meter or test light and start finding where you are loosing connection. Could be any of it, start with the simple and work through it.
Guinea, 1951 Farmall Cub; Jumping Willy, 1949 Farmall Cub, 61 Cub, Scrapy, and 48 Cub Al, 48 cub, Billy D.

gitractorman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14072
eBay ID: toysforjake
Tractors Owned: Lots of Cub Cadets!
1951 Farmall Cub
1977 IH Cub
1966 IH Cub
1965 IH Lo Boy
1964 IH Lo Boy
1949 Farmall Cub
Several IH 154 Lo Boys
1979 IH 184 Lo Boy
Simplicity 4416 Sovereign
Simplicity Conquest
Simplicity Legacy 4x4 Diesel
Mitsubishi MT180D 4x4 Diesel
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby gitractorman » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:44 pm

The 1250 has a couple of safety interlocks on it, that if they are not working or are not correctly triggered, the key won't do anything just like you describe. First, before doing anything, make sure you've got good ground to the engine, and make sure the battery is good, fully charged, and load tested. I had one this spring that showed 12.6 v with the key off. Turn the key to ON, and it dropped to 3 v. Turn the key to START, and it dropped to 0.5 v. Turn the key off and it's back to 12 v. Took it in to NAPA and they couldnt even load test it, dead short in the battery! So, I'd double check it before doing anything.

Safety Interlocks.

1. Clutch pedal must be depressed while trying to start. There's a button switch on the frame cross member under the tractor, and a piece of spring steel on the clutch pedal rockshaft, so that when you depress the pedal, the spring steel presses on the button switch. This little piece of spring steel often bends or breaks off. I'd check it first. You can jumper the switch with a U shaped piece of wire, and shoving it in the socket that plugs in to the switch. This will take it out of the equasion.

2. Electric PTO switch must be off. This one is a whole lot more difficult to figure out. There's not an easy way to jumper the switch to take it out of the equasion. First try turning the key to the ON position, then toggling the switch all the way forward like you are going to engage the mower. You should hear the magnent in the PTO "clunk". IF it does not clunk, there's a pretty good chance the switch is bad.

If you look online you can easily find a wiring diagram if you need one, but this will get you pretty far!
Bill
Cub Cadets 682, 1811, 1864, Simplicity Legacy XL 4x4 Diesel with FEL, 60" mower, 50" Tiller

baldwindiesel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44820

Postby baldwindiesel » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:26 pm

Thanks guys !
I am charging up the battery to make sure it's not the problem, and will check out that clutch button and PTO switch !

Baldwindiesel

Return to “Cub Cadet”