This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Mower/Implement Question

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Brutalfly
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 64011
Tractors Owned: 1973 International Cub S# 241812

Mower/Implement Question

Postby Brutalfly » Sun May 04, 2014 12:30 pm

I have been looking at a lot of cubs. Pretty much all of them come with a mower as you know, but my questions lies within trading the mower.
I have been thinking a lot and just wonder if a woods mower could be traded for a disc harrow or cultivators for a cub?
Not really sure on the value of all of it but figured I would ask.
Also what are the cost of front wheel weights if a cub does not have them?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Re: Mower/Implement Question

Postby Scrivet » Sun May 04, 2014 1:03 pm

Stating the obvious; Trading would depend on finding someone with a disc or cultivators that wants a mower. Value wise I paid $350 for a set of cultivators and $250 for a 23A disc which I think is about average with all the usual condition, location, complete, etc. statements. In my opinion that's about right to a little high for the average Woods mower. I would think selling and buying would be easier than trading due to the first statement.

Front weights are easy. For the real IHC weights they go for $125 a pair all day long. You might get lucky and find them cheaper but not often. If you are just looking for weight and don't care about originality other garden tractor weights will fit and can be a lot cheaper.

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Mower/Implement Question

Postby Stanton » Mon May 05, 2014 6:45 am

Scrivet is on target. It would be quicker to sell a mower deck outright, then buy what implement you needed than to try to find someone to make the right trade.

I sold a newer model Woods 42 mower deck in very good condition for $275 to someone on this forum and was told by many I asked too low. I just wanted to get it sold and not sit on it. It probably could have been sold for $300-$325. An older model in average condition might be in the neighborhood of $250. Depends on a lot of variables.
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

Return to “Farmall Cub”