This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

How to Tie Down a Cub to a Trailer for Hauling

Easy ways to clean parts, remove broken bolts, etc.
flrvcamper
10+ Years
10+ Years

How to Tie Down a Cub to a Trailer for Hauling

Postby flrvcamper » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:22 pm

What is the best way and place to tie down farmall cub to trailer for hauling to shows.

Thanks
Gerald McLean

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bill V in Md
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21228
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub
LT1045 Cub Cadet
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: tie down cub to trailer to haul

Postby Bill V in Md » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:04 pm

Below is a link to a post discussion on the subject of towing.
http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=75834&p=608790&hilit=hauling+safety#p608790

Also don't forget to review the ATIS FAQ on the subject of trailering your tractor. Below is a shortcut
http://www.atis.net/transfaq.html
Bill VanHooser
Cub 54 Blade, Cub 193 Moldboard Plow, Cub 28A Disc Harrow
Circle of Safety

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: tie down cub to trailer to haul

Postby Bob McCarty » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:15 pm

First of all, welcome to the Forum. You'll find a lot of friendly and knowledgeable Cub lovers here.

Here's another link to a prior post that also has some pictures about where to tie down: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=72736&hilit=tie+downs

Some of that is going to be dependent on whether you have new paint or a Cub in work clothes. I usually run around each rear tire through the slot in the rim that gives the best pulling direction and angle. In the front, I go around the front axle on each side, making sure not that the tie rods will not be bent. In the past, guys have made loops that bolt to the implement pads in front, or a bolt with several links of chain that threads into the pulley crank. If I can find pictures of those, I'll add them here as an edit. You also need to take into account the design of your trailer and where you have heavy duty d-rings or stake pockets.

Bob

EDIT: Gary Dotson's pictures added for clarity:

Gary Dotson 1.jpg

Gary Dotson 2.jpg
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Return to “Shop Tips”