This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Dad's M

Implements, Wagons, Trailers, Hit n' Miss Engines, IH Scout's & Pickups, Steam Engines, Huskers, Watch Fobs, Tools, etc. If it's farming related or made by a tractor company, post your pictures here.
Forum rules
All photos must be your personal photos (no copyrighted material).

FarmallCub.Com forum upload attachment requirements:
Maximum attached file size: 512kb
Maximum dimension: Unlimited (as long as the file is less than 512kb)

Preferred photo attachments are via direct upload in post, and/or the CubFest Photo Server.

Commercial Photo hosting services will work, however, if the image links become broken due to discontinued service or deletion of the images, the posting will be marked for removal.
Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Dad's M

Postby Barnyard » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:43 am

A couple of weeks ago Rosie and I went to my cousin's house for our Bi-annual Cousin's Christmas get together. My cousin Jim was talking about some photos he was going to scan for his dad. Uncle Mike is the youngest of six boys and is now 87 years old and sharper than a tack. He remembers much of his younger days in the 1940's and 1950's working the family farm as well as several other farms with my dad. I asked Jim to send me a copy of anything he found that might relate to Uncle Mike or my dad and their equipment. Mike is my favorite uncle and taught me much long after dad passed away.

Yesterday Jim scanned a photo taken in the mid 40's of Uncle Mike picking corn with the M. He has hundreds of photos and slides to go through and he said there are many photos of them working the fields. He said I could expect more pix in the future. It may be too late to preserve the equipment, but through these photos we can at least preserve the memories.

There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Re: Dad's M

Postby Don McCombs » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:26 pm

Great photo, Bill. Thanks for sharing the memories.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081

Postby danovercash » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:30 pm

Wish I had a pix of the M from Grandpa's farm. Talked to the last known owner but he doesn't know who he sold it to. He was plowing in a rocky bottom, hit a large rock and the steering wheel jerked and almost broke his arm. Guess they should have picked up rocks like we did. Anyway he got Mad and sold the tractor. Said he was used to the knee action on his dad's Deere.
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:27 am

While Uncle Mike enjoyed the Farm life, Uncle Joe, one of Dad's other brothers, liked to take his IH truck into town for the Fourth of July parade. This photo must be from around the early 70's since Keeler's Auto Service in the background has been out of business since about that time.

There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Pabst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44333
Tractors Owned: Farmall cub 56-Spartacus
International cub 76
Cub L-F 194 Plow
Cub F38 Disk Harrow
Cub L-F1 Platform Carrier
Cub 54 Leveling Blade

Postby Pabst » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:05 pm

Great photo, thanks for sharing! :D

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:26 pm

Bill, Is Uncle Joe's IH truck still in the family? I think I'd take it over 10 M's. :D

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:35 pm

Bob. I'm not sure where the truck is now. If I remember right it sat in the barn for untouched and almost forgotten by his family twenty years after he died and was in pretty bad shape when the family finally sold off the last part of the farm. I remember the house had been rented out and the kids of the renters had tore up the 1948 Chev flatbed that was in there. They may have gotten the IH too. I will have to check on that.

Circle of Safety

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:06 pm

Bob McCarty wrote:Bill, Is Uncle Joe's IH truck still in the family? I think I'd take it over 10 M's. :D

Bob

Bob An update on this. I ran into one of my cousins today and asked about Uncle Joe's truck. She said after Joe passed away back in the 90's, the truck was given to his oldest grandson who still has it. My cousin said the grandson brought it out for the Harrison Bi-centennial parade several years ago and hauled some of the Weisbrodt girls through the parade.

Circle of Safety

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:31 pm

Barnyard wrote:
Bob McCarty wrote:Bill, Is Uncle Joe's IH truck still in the family? I think I'd take it over 10 M's. :D

Bob

Bob An update on this. I ran into one of my cousins today and asked about Uncle Joe's truck. She said after Joe passed away back in the 90's, the truck was given to his oldest grandson who still has it. My cousin said the grandson brought it out for the Harrison Bi-centennial parade several years ago and hauled some of the Weisbrodt girls through the parade.

That's good to hear, Bill. Would hate to hear it was torn up or forgotten. Glad it's still being used! :D
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

Return to “Proud of my other toys/tools Photos”