This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Mid-Indiana Road Trip-Wow Did They Get Rain!!

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120
Circle of Safety: Y

Mid-Indiana Road Trip-Wow Did They Get Rain!!

Postby ricky racer » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:21 pm

As I mentioned previously, I purchased a John Deere 425 garden tractor last week. Yesterday I took a road trip to pick it up in Richmond, Indiana. The trip was almost exactly 200 one way. I chose the 425 to use as a platform for a front end loader I want to fabricate. The tractor came with a 54" mower deck that I intend to give a good work out in the spring. Prior to that I hope to give it a new paint job, seat and grill to make it look nice.

Anyway, I couldn't believe all the water standing in the fields and yards. Every creek I crossed showed evidence of massive flooding that sent chills down my spine. It was scary realizing what it must have looked like at the peak of the flooding. The guy I bought the mower from said they received 5" of rain in one day earlier in the week. Sobering indeed.

Here is a picture of the 425. It's nothing special but with new paint, grill and seat it should look pretty good. With the additon of a loader it will be pretty handy around the homestead.

1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Re: Mid-Indiana Road Trip-Wow Did They Get Rain!!

Postby SONNY » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:05 pm

Ricky!---thats a good looking unit!----Make up your loader to the right specs, and you got a real handy machine!---size your loader to the tractor, not too heavy, or not too light and your good to load! thanks; sonny

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”