This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Battery Maintainer for us procrastinators..

Tools and Reviews to help your fellow Cubber's.
Forum rules
Unwarranted FLAME reviews will be deleted without notice. Members are encouraged to exhaust all arbitration efforts with the companies before posting negative reviews here.

FarmallCub.Com and the moderators are not responsible for member reviews of businesses and attractions.

Send issues regarding reviews to Cub@farmallcub.com.
Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Battery Maintainer for us procrastinators..

Postby Don McCombs » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:35 pm

Jack,

I'll have to check a source other than Wally World and see how they're constructed.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby danovercash » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:51 pm

Be sure to connect all + and all - post together or you will be adding the voltages together. Two 12v together equal 24 volts. That is how to charge two 6v batteries with a 12v charger, connect plus to minus all the way around. You could also charge four 6v batteries by hooking two batteries in parallel then hooking the parallel batteries in series. Could also charge three, two parallel then In series with the other battery. Hope this not too confusing.
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:39 pm

JimT wrote:I have been reading the maintainer posts.

I was wondering. If the maintainer will keep an auto size battery charged up do you think one of these maintainers will keep 2 or 3 lawnmower size batteries charged up if they are wired together in parallel? Connect one leak to the first battery and the other lead to the last battery so the charge is running through all the batteries.
danovercash wrote:Be sure to connect all + and all - post together or you will be adding the voltages together. Two 12v together equal 24 volts. That is how to charge two 6v batteries with a 12v charger, connect plus to minus all the way around. You could also charge four 6v batteries by hooking two batteries in parallel then hooking the parallel batteries in series. Could also charge three, two parallel then In series with the other battery. Hope this not too confusing.
Be sure to follow Dan's instructions. One thin I learned the hard way is that on the smaller batteries such as lawn mower and motorcycle, the maintainers tend to overcharge them and boil them so I use an inexpensive plug in timer from WalMart that runs the maintainers either a few minutes daily, or an hour or two once a week.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Woods-Wire-In ... t/23536072
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Prime-Wire-TN ... s/26531558
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Jack fowler
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Jack fowler » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:22 am

John *.?-!.* cub owner Stated:
Be sure to follow Dan's instructions. One thing I learned the hard way is that on the smaller batteries such as lawn mower and motorcycle, the maintainers tend to overcharge them and boil them so I use an inexpensive plug in timer from WalMart that runs the maintainers either a few minutes daily, or an hour or two once a week.

I agree with John *.?-!.* cub owner and Dan; something else to add… I don’t mean to be preaching here but….
Overcharging a battery generates both oxygen and hydrogen gases. The battery is designed to vent excess gases or contain them so they can recombine to form water. However, if excess gas accumulates, it can be dangerous. This combination of gas is highly explosive. If the excess gas is ignited, the resulting is explosion.

This site has pictures of hook ups. Pictures always helps me….
http://www.batteryweb.com/batteryminder-multiple-batteries.cfm

Return to “Tool Talk and Reviews”