This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Shiny and red!

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
havoc1482
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01085
eBay ID: havoc1482
Tractors Owned: _______ 1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: @havoc1482

Shiny and red!

Postby havoc1482 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:49 pm

I decided to take the SA out for a little cruise around the property and some quick photos.

I also seemed to have solved my starting problem in the cold. I think either water or something is choking the fuel flow in the carb. My solution? Well, I didn't feel like taking it apart so I just stuck one of the small magnetic blockheaters to the carb, and after about 20-30 minutes the carb is a warm to the touch and the tractor fires right up. I've done this twice. Problem diagnosed? Not really. Problem solved? Temporarily.

Anyways, here are two photos for you guys:

Mike

I bleed Black & Gold

IH Collectors Club New England (Chapter 18)

Western Mass. (The 413)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120

Re: Shiny and red!

Postby ricky racer » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:02 pm

Great looking Super A. I'd really like to pick up a Super A myself someday too. That plow might be getting a good work out soon. :lol:

Thanks for posting the pic's. :thumbsup:
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

havoc1482
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby havoc1482 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:39 am

It will! Can't wait to do some work!

On a side note, I just gave my tractor a little love from the otherside. My first obsession was (and still is) Pontiac! My first car (which I still have) was a 1978 Pontiac Phoenix. I don't get much use out of her anymore as I spend more time on the Farmall, so I added a little touch of Pontiac to the SA. I have Pontiac Blue engine paint, the same color they painted their engines back in the day. I bought a new radiator cap and TC filler cap, they both needed painting, so take a guess at what I did! haha

Some of you purist may think I'm crazy, but to me, its that little touch of oddity that makes it my own. Its not much, but I felt the need to share :)
Mike

I bleed Black & Gold

Western Mass. (The 413)

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:40 am

Like we always say on this forum: It's you tractor. Paint it the way you want.

Nice looking SA!
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:47 am

Very nice! :D
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

Code: Select all

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:39 pm

[quote="havoc1482".....I think either water or something is choking the fuel flow in the carb. My solution? Well, I didn't feel like taking it apart so I just stuck one of the small magnetic blockheaters to the carb, and after about 20-30 minutes the carb is a warm to the touch and the tractor fires right up.........[/img][/quote]It may be ice in the carb, or it may be the fact that warm gasoline vaporizes more easily than cold. For the time being I would suggest a healthy dose of Sea Foam or some kind of dri gas treatment. If ti has a drain or jet access plug on the bottom, remove that and let any water drain out the next time it is above freezing, or after applying the heater for a while. My Uncle asked me to help him get his H running a couple years ago after it had set all winter. When I found the problem, water in the carb had frozen and partly crushed the float. the carb. was cast iron, and it was ok, but the float did not survive.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

havoc1482
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby havoc1482 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:13 pm

Will do John. I gave the tractor a whole can of seafoam when I first purchased it. I only treated it recently with HEET drygas, the bottle was sitting around already opened so I don't know how effective it was, so I plan on getting a fresh bottle. My carb has that little economizer slot just below the intake. I was pondering it and thought, "Hey maybe I can use starter fluid in that if absolutely necessary" Thoughts? I already sprayed carb cleaner in it a little and it gave it some pep on start-up. I don't see why spraying those in there would be harmful.
Mike

I bleed Black & Gold

Western Mass. (The 413)

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”