This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

A reading catagory

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
ArtN
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35111

A reading catagory

Postby ArtN » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:57 pm

Hey Big dog or Dennis: You know as we grow older the possibility of Art Timers gets more and more possible. It is very important to keep the mind active. . But in any event it would be a nice new category “suggested reads”. We don't need to do a pro or con of the viewpoint of the book, but it would be interesting to see what others or age and background are reading. I hear that contrary to what folks say that folks above the Mason Dixon don’t read often. At least that is what Mike from Lou tells me. I am trying to reach out to you brothers and sisters. I find myself reading more and more since I retired. What do you think?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: A reading catagory

Postby Eugene » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:09 pm

Second hand book store when we visit the big city. I always look and ask for books dealing with old farm machinery, farm practices, mechanical history, etc..

Other than books, receive 2 or 3 paper news papers a week and have 20 plus news sites book marked on the computer.
I have an excuse. CRS.

ArtN
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ArtN » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:20 pm

Well looks like you are a well read fellow Engene. Since you like the Mechanical point’s here is one you will like. The beginning of it all in America. Tame the rivers, tame the land, etc., Very good reading as I have always been interested in how ideas were born. Especially the guys that figured out mechnical things. I have to build this thing that has a cam shaft that feeds a piston, that get's to the top and then has a spark to egnite a gas that allows a value to open, that....etc..,

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BAT ... UTF8&psc=1

Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71023
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:17 am

ArtN wrote:Hey Big dog or Dennis: You know as we grow older the possibility of Art Timers gets more and more possible. It is very important to keep the mind active. . But in any event it would be a nice new category “suggested reads”. We don't need to do a pro or con of the viewpoint of the book, but it would be interesting to see what others or age and background are reading. I hear that contrary to what folks say that folks above the Mason Dixon don’t read often. At least that is what Mike from Lou tells me. I am trying to reach out to you brothers and sisters. I find myself reading more and more since I retired. What do you think?

Art you have me mixed up with someone else. I never said that and i can't ever remember talking to you.

Mike in Louisiana
1975 cub (LouAnn) serial # 245946, 1941 John Deere Model H

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

ArtN
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ArtN » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:35 pm

Okay Sorry.

Return to “Off Topic”