This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Buyer beware !!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
thiggy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35216
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub
1949 Cub
2011 JD X320
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Buyer beware !!

Postby thiggy » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:34 am

Say folks, lets cut the guy a little slack. It looks purdy and he says it runs great. Maybe the owner just got carried away with a little hyperbole about the "restoration". Put a cover on the seat and replace the mule drive with an original and I wouldn't be ashamed to be seen going to the prom in that Cub. Just keep the Correct Police at arms distance. :wink:
Since retirement, the things I miss most are the holidays!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:36 am

I can't see the instrument panel well enough to tell if that is right or not. The switches seem to be blocked from view in all thepictures. IH went to the Zenith carb and choke cable in '75. So those parts look right from what I can see. He could have used about half as much air intake hose.

Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71023

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:05 am

sdurnal wrote:I know there is a recall, but don't know when it was implemented in production. I have the taller one for my '64. Maybe it was an after production recall...

Ok that is what i thought you were thinking.. I might be wrong but i thought they all left factory with the old style.

READ BELOW to get a FREE GAS CAP for your tractor!

A serious fire can occur during operation of a GASOLINE fueled tractor. Under certain conditions, gasoline vapors can build up pressure in the gas tank. If the gas tank cap is then removed, while the engine is running or hot, the sudden release of pressure could force gasoline out of the tank and result in a fire. Gasoline can also escape if the gas cap is not securely tightened. Never remove a gas cap from a hot or running tractor. Always tighten the cap securely. A new style gas cap, first available in 1980, has special design features to reduce gasoline vapor build-up and fuel eruption due to improper gas cap removal. The new gas cap has two vent holes in the top of the cap and has “PRESSURE - OPEN SLOWLY” embossed on the top of the cap.
1975 cub (LouAnn) serial # 245946, 1941 John Deere Model H

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

RustyKnuckles
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01073

Postby RustyKnuckles » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:06 pm

Since the paint is intact on the exhaust manifold and exhaust pipe, clearly has not been run much or at all since paint job. And who knows what sort of mechanical shape it is in, inside?
Jay Smith

1953 Cub, acquired fall 2013. Runs much better thanks to tuneup by Art Chester!
Next, replacement of old parts (radiator, seals, etc.) + painting.

Plus 3 JD garden tractors (425,318,140)
& two Buick Roadmaster station wagons

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:54 pm

Hmmm.... "restored to like new condition" I don't remember them coming out with worn rear tires?

I also would think the front tires should at least match (Jim already mentioned they were trailer tires).

That gas cap doesn't look like an original or replacement to me, it's to thin. It looks like one off of an older pre 70's truck.

What is that in the center of the steering wheel covering the nut?

Looking at the listing it looks like the muffler has moved forward and up (or rear and down :lol: ) between two of the pictures? How does that happen?

dennisbushnell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62082
Tractors Owned: two 47 two 48 53 and a 72 another 53

Postby dennisbushnell » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:45 pm

My 72 came with that style seat
You meet the nicest people on a cub

AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:29 pm

Not originally it didn't. Only the pan seat and the deluxe seat were offered. Things change over the years through different owners.
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:38 pm

dennisbushnell wrote:My 72 came with that style seat
and a sports cup? :lol:
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:16 pm

I would sell my 71 for $5000.... with a working mower. Don't claim it's restored... but wicked nice. Essentially replaced by a 70 with a fast hitch and flail mower. Has lights and I would even make the flasher light work for the above price. :{_}:

Seat is surely wrong, as is the decal.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Return to “Farmall Cub”