This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Removing gas filter/valve

Farmall C, Super C Tractors, 200 & 230 1948-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
DonMountain
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65101

Removing gas filter/valve

Postby DonMountain » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:11 pm

I am having trouble with gas leaking through the gas settling bowl past the closed valve on the side of it when it is turned off. So I was going to take it off and see what the problem is. I can see the gas line takes a standard gas line wrench in about 9/16" or so. But I can't see how to remove the entire settling bowl/valve assembly from the bottom of the tank. Is it just threaded into the bottom of the tank like a pipe thread? And how do I turn it out? What kind of tool is used? And what kind of sealer do I use when putting it back? :help:
1959 International Cub Lo-Boy W/Fast hitch, 59 Woods, dozer blade, plow
1954 Farmall Super C W/Fast hitch, belly dozer blade
1950 Farmall M

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

DonMountain
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65101

Re: Removing gas filter/valve

Postby DonMountain » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:13 pm

I forgot to mention. Its a 1954 Super C with fast hitch. Looks all standard to me.
1959 International Cub Lo-Boy W/Fast hitch, 59 Woods, dozer blade, plow
1954 Farmall Super C W/Fast hitch, belly dozer blade
1950 Farmall M

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Removing gas filter/valve

Postby Don McCombs » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:39 pm

Should have flat spots that you can get a wrench on (see attached photo from TM Tractor Parts). It just unscrews from the tank. I use Permatex High Performance Thread Sealant. Make sure you let it cure IAW the package instructions. That's also a good opportunity to flush out any debris in the tank.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Return to “Farmall C, Super C, 200 & 230”