This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

tempting farmall A down the road

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
gusbratz
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16345

tempting farmall A down the road

Postby gusbratz » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:58 pm

do i need another tractor? I have a 530 case for bigger stuff and 2 cubs for fun, brought back from the brink of destruction by me. There is an A with brush hog and manual lift down the road for sale. i hang out at his neighbors and they have been telling me all summer i should buy it (because they know i am a sucker for more junk). it is about 2 miles from my house and he wants 1000$ but he would take 800$. seems like a good deal but do i need an A? would my cub cultivators and plow work on it? never had an A before.......

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: tempting farmall A down the road

Postby Barnyard » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:03 pm

Your Cub implements will not work with an "A", in fact, I believe Super "A" implements are different than and "A".
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: tempting farmall A down the road

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:49 pm

barnyard is correct. The "A" had implements to fit it only and I believe the bolt pattern on the finals is different from the Super A too. If it were a Super A, I'd say go for it...but since it is just an "A", I'd say you don't really need it....unless you just want another tractor to pull a wagon around or to cut grass with since it already has a mower.
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”